Chiff and Fipple Forums
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/

cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106744
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Zeildritch [ Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

See my posting on Used Instruments -

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=106742

Author:  pancelticpiper [ Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

I assume you mean Sterling.

Author:  Mr.Gumby [ Sat May 26, 2018 1:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

That, or it was mined in Scotland. :wink:

Author:  kenny [ Sat May 26, 2018 2:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

I don't think any Generation Eb whistle could honestly be described as "antique", could it ?

Author:  Zeildritch [ Sat May 26, 2018 3:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

pancelticpiper wrote:
I assume you mean Sterling.


Ah auto correct strikes again! Listing Corrected.

Author:  Zeildritch [ Sat May 26, 2018 3:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

kenny wrote:
I don't think any Generation Eb whistle could honestly be described as "antique", could it ?


Listed as "Antique" to differentiate from "Vintage" Generations.

Author:  Mr.Gumby [ Sun May 27, 2018 12:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

Who did work on the other vintage Generations and what was done to them to 'improve' them?

Author:  Zeildritch [ Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

Mr.Gumby wrote:
Who did work on the other vintage Generations and what was done to them to 'improve' them?


I did. Nothing out of the standard common tweaks. Some slight re-voicing and tuning.

Author:  Mr.Gumby [ Tue May 29, 2018 6:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

OK, thanks.

Quote:
Nothing out of the standard common tweaks



Not sure what that means though.

Author:  Zeildritch [ Tue May 29, 2018 7:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

Mr.Gumby wrote:
OK, thanks.

Quote:
Nothing out of the standard common tweaks



Not sure what that means though.



There are quite well known whistle tweaks. The tweaks featured on the whistles are all "common" re-voicing techniques. There's a forum posting on here regarding a number of them, as well as numerous articles on-line from whistle makers.

Author:  Peter Duggan [ Tue May 29, 2018 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

Zeildritch wrote:
The tweaks featured on the whistles are all "common" re-voicing techniques.

To me, revoicing implies irreversible physical modification (e.g. recutting of windway exits or blades), so a 'pig in a poke' unless I know exactly what's been done by who.

Author:  Zeildritch [ Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cp: MULTIPLE VERY RARE ITEMS

Peter Duggan wrote:
Zeildritch wrote:
The tweaks featured on the whistles are all "common" re-voicing techniques.

To me, revoicing implies irreversible physical modification (e.g. recutting of windway exits or blades), so a 'pig in a poke' unless I know exactly what's been done by who.


Obviously there is physical modification. Feel free to purchase them to give an actual informed review. Happy to answer any questions via pm.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/