It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:08 am 

Hello all! I'm interested in an older Waltons Little Black Whistle -- the aluminum one, with the shiny gold label (as opposed to the bright yellow one that looks like it should glow in the dark). I recently acquired one of the newer ones, and while (to my limited experience) it's about as fine a cheap whistle as they come, it's identical in every respect outside of colour (and I've measured each with a caliper) to my Waltons Irish Whistle, and I was hoping for something different from what I already have.

So, what's the best approach to take to acquiring a specific older cheap whistle? The only buy/sell/trade posts I've seen here seem to focus on high-end whistles. I've tried to do my homework (searching Google, Reverb, eBay) but all I can find are new whistles, each advertised with the same image as the others, the brick-and-mortar stores I've visited don't have Waltons whistles in stock, and the thrift stores and flea markets I've been to have been a waste of energy and (lots of) time. I live in NYC; I'd've thought this wouldn't be so hard.

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance!