Aluminum Waltons Little Black Whistles & Where to Buy Them

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Opisthokont
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a multi-instrumentalist who has acquired (as of about a year and a half ago) a tinwhistle habit. I'm exploring what this cheap but beautiful little instrument can do, and I've got a ton of questions, and I decided it was about time I start asking people who might have a clue about the answers. Hopefully I can help out others as well!

Aluminum Waltons Little Black Whistles & Where to Buy Them

Post by Opisthokont »

Hello all! I'm interested in an older Waltons Little Black Whistle -- the aluminum one, with the shiny gold label (as opposed to the bright yellow one that looks like it should glow in the dark). I recently acquired one of the newer ones, and while (to my limited experience) it's about as fine a cheap whistle as they come, it's identical in every respect outside of colour (and I've measured each with a caliper) to my Waltons Irish Whistle, and I was hoping for something different from what I already have.

So, what's the best approach to take to acquiring a specific older cheap whistle? The only buy/sell/trade posts I've seen here seem to focus on high-end whistles. I've tried to do my homework (searching Google, Reverb, eBay) but all I can find are new whistles, each advertised with the same image as the others, the brick-and-mortar stores I've visited don't have Waltons whistles in stock, and the thrift stores and flea markets I've been to have been a waste of energy and (lots of) time. I live in NYC; I'd've thought this wouldn't be so hard.

Any advice on this?

Thanks in advance!