educciman FIPPLE-HEAD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
educciman
antispam: No

educciman FIPPLE-HEAD

Post by educciman »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v8b84fUZVY

Some of you might know me and my experimental studies of hybrid-instruments and mouthpieces. From time to time I try to make new designs of the labialheads for the concertflute. I found out, that a modified alto recorderhead gives a good foundation to work on, so it is relatively easy to make an effective and affordable head for the flute. That works also well on a 19mm tube for low whistles...?..
You achieve different sounds wether you take plastic or timber heads.
Have fun with it, Martin
Peter Duggan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: educciman FIPPLE-HEAD

Post by Peter Duggan »

Sounds great, Martin... far more flutey than recorder-like! I think you've recut the window to increase the distance from voicing to blade?
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Awesome! That should have been the next step in the evolution of the recorder. Unfortunately they mostly still make them like they made them in the baroque.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Sedi wrote:Awesome!
Yes.
That should have been the next step in the evolution of the recorder.
No.
Unfortunately they mostly still make them like they made them in the baroque.
Not unfortunately. See this recent discussion here.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Don't get me wrong. I do like the simplicity of a keyless instrument. Less chance of failure and less maintenance. However - a recorder with keys and 3 octaves of range would be kind of interesting. I know, I could simply take my flute for that. But still...
There are however instruments like the quena which is keyless and has a range of 3 octaves.