FYI perhaps the pennywhistle is worth a few pennies

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FYI perhaps the pennywhistle is worth a few pennies

Post by ytliek »

Hopefully, the whistle is headed for a museum or music conservatory or some special place.
Hooleh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A whistler and a beginner Uilleann piper from Scandinavia. Maybe some day a piper during this life time.

Post by Hooleh »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
what is this concept of a 'Traveller whistle'
Just the name O'R gave one of his models. Nothing to do with the traveling community.
Alright, thanks. I thought maybe there was something more to it, but apparently it isn't always so. :P
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

Is he deceased? I can’t fathom any other reason a whistle would hit such a ridiculous price.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Thomaston wrote:Is he deceased? I can’t fathom any other reason a whistle would hit such a ridiculous price.
I have not heard whether Patrick O'Riordan is deceased, but, I can confirm that he no longer makes whistles due to aging.
whistlecollector
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by whistlecollector »

ytliek wrote:The O'Riordan high D Traveller aluminum whistle is definitely a very sought after whistle that is no longer made. I too was aghast at the initial offering bid and out of my budget. I believe the opening bid was about double what the original cost was directly from Patrick O'Riordan back in the day. I didn't purchase a Traveller whistle from Patrick. I play with several whistlers that do own Traveller whistles and know first hand how flawless the design and sound is as the whistles play beautifully. I'm just waiting to win the lottery so I can get bidding on these masterpieces of whistles.
If I were you, I'd seriously offer your friend like $475 or something for his Traveller! ;)))
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

whistlecollector wrote:
ytliek wrote:The O'Riordan high D Traveller aluminum whistle is definitely a very sought after whistle that is no longer made. I too was aghast at the initial offering bid and out of my budget. I believe the opening bid was about double what the original cost was directly from Patrick O'Riordan back in the day. I didn't purchase a Traveller whistle from Patrick. I play with several whistlers that do own Traveller whistles and know first hand how flawless the design and sound is as the whistles play beautifully. I'm just waiting to win the lottery so I can get bidding on these masterpieces of whistles.
If I were you, I'd seriously offer your friend like $475 or something for his Traveller! ;)))
They are not giving up their O'Riordan whistles and it is good to see the whistles in use and being played regularly. I've already made offers and I just get laughed at.