Bronsa slide tabs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Bronsa slide tabs

Post by busterbill »

It looks like you got your TABs. But if you want to make them yourself for other tunes Amazon sells the stamp. The process of identifying each note from a page, then filling in the circles on a printed page of music may seem tedious, but will eventually help you read the notes on their own. I don't sight read well as I am dyslexic myself, but the ability to check the notes on the page has helped me remember how tunes go and keep me honest when I start to stray from the tune in my memory. The older we are when we start, the common thought goes, the harder it is. But it can be worth it. When I started playing music as a kid I started on the piano. When I started playing flute I would "sight read" on the piano and transfer my memory to the flute. When I started playing fiddle and concertina I would sight read with the whistle or flute. But as each instrument became more familiar I could see the note on the page and find it in my fingers on the instrument in my hands.

Good luck on your musical journey!
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

There is, perhaps are several, a special font to make whistle tabs like that. Pennywhistle font, if I recall correctly. A copy used to be up on the C&F mainsite for download but isn't anymore. You just typed the name of the note(s) on your keyboard and you had your tab.

A Musescore plug-in doing the same is also available. Possibly more is you search for them.
My brain hurts

Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

ytliek wrote:If the ear method doesn't work try this:

This version is from The Session

Haha, where were you a week ago? The truth is that I've been thinking more and more of tabs being my training wheels and I figured that now is as good a time as any to take them off. Converting this tune into upper and lower case ABCs wasn't too hard and it feels like a natural progression in my whistle learning. I've now been playing this slip jig every day for almost a week and it's really coming together; especially the second verse, so fun to play. Next up: Denis Murphy's slide.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Polara Pat wrote:I've now been playing this slip jig every day for almost a week and it's really coming together; especially the second verse, so fun to play. Next up: Denis Murphy's slide.
Just to point out, Pat, that the Brosna is a slide (12/8). Slip jigs are in 9/8. :)

Here's a slip jig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWRAdDMe2E
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

Nanohedron wrote:
Polara Pat wrote:I've now been playing this slip jig every day for almost a week and it's really coming together; especially the second verse, so fun to play. Next up: Denis Murphy's slide.
Just to point out, Pat, that the Brosna is a slide (12/8). Slip jigs are in 9/8. :)

Here's a slip jig:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzWRAdDMe2E
What would I do without you? Haha, thanks.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We are at your service. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

To add to the link nano gave you, Google Kocknagree Dancers on YouTube. The first link is a slide set. If you're not breathing hard at the end of the set, you're not doing it right :D and definitely in better shape than I am!
Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi