Has anyone played a Milligan in A?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mike Clougherty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, what can I say, I love whistling and the culture that surrounds it. I've been reading this forum for about a year, which is the same time that I've been playing the whistle, though I've been exposed to ITM for most of my life. With a name like Michael Patrick Clougherty who could've guessed? Haha. Anyway, I love this forum and the people that populate it, and I look forward to participating!

Has anyone played a Milligan in A?

Post by Mike Clougherty »

Hello everyone!
I am looking into buying an A whistle and I was wondering what everyone’s opinions on the Milligan A are? I own a Dymondwood in C and I really like the tone. Would anyone be willing to throw together a sound sample?
Thanks!
ericgrey

Re: Has anyone played a Milligan in A?

Post by ericgrey »

Dont have a Milligan,but have one of these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1nf1MnPcA
Mike Clougherty
Tell us something.: Well, what can I say, I love whistling and the culture that surrounds it. I've been reading this forum for about a year, which is the same time that I've been playing the whistle, though I've been exposed to ITM for most of my life. With a name like Michael Patrick Clougherty who could've guessed? Haha. Anyway, I love this forum and the people that populate it, and I look forward to participating!

Post by Mike Clougherty »

Nice! Thanks for that. I know that they are different whistle makes, but it has a tone that’s very reminiscent of my Milligan C.
BigBpiper
Tell us something.: I have grown up surrounded by Irish music and culture and have played the whistle since first grade. I love playing the various instruments I have aquired over the years and would love to help others with their instruments in any way I can.

Post by BigBpiper »

You could just contact Gene and see if he could send you one to try out. He is very easy to work with. Worse case scenario, you end up buying the whistle and don't like it. Just return it at no cost within 14 days. I believe that's literally his policy, so that might be worth looking into :) .
Cheers!
piperjoe

Post by piperjoe »

Go for the Milliagan...my guess is you'll love it! :thumbsup: I have a four Milligan whistles including a Diamond Wood A. All great playing instruments.

The A is rapidly becoming one of my favorite whistles. I play with a flute and harp player who doubles on Alto flute. The A whistle and Alto flute are fantastic together.

Check out Flook's Wrong Foot Forward Alto flute, and I'm pretty sure A whistle.

Gene used to offer a return policy if you didn't like the whistle, don't know if he still does, but his customer service is as good as it gets.