Killarney C

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Killarney C

Post by Mr.Gumby »

They announced a while ago it was in the pipeline, I checked fairly regularly since and it seems available now (I hadn't checked for a while). I have put an order in (had a birthday recently so that's me sorted for another year).

Anyone have one yet, any impressions?
My brain hurts

BigBpiper
Tell us something.: I have grown up surrounded by Irish music and culture and have played the whistle since first grade. I love playing the various instruments I have aquired over the years and would love to help others with their instruments in any way I can.

Re: Killarney C

Post by BigBpiper »

It's about time :lol: . I've been checking the past few days, so must be really new. Let us know what you think when it arrives. Hopefully we can avoid WWIII aka Sindt C vs Killarney C, but would still be interesting to see if the Cs are as good as the Ds :) . Btw, Happy belated birthday! :party:
Cheers!
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Mr.Gumby wrote: I have put an order in (had a birthday recently so that's me sorted for another year).
Do you know what the inside diameter is of the C tone tube?
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Tommy wrote: Do you know what the inside diameter is of the C tube?
That's what I was wondering.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

Great news! I have been waiting for it and will place my order! Now I just hope it is as good as the D and hope they will make a Bb also!
JackJ
Tell us something.: A new tin whistle player, I'm eager to learn more from the collective wisdom of this group. While my playing could use lots of help, I'm especially eager to learn which recordings to listen to.

Post by JackJ »

For those ordering early, are you getting the brass or chrome plated version? I have a brass D Killarney, and it's among my favorites, but thinking about the chrome for the sake of variety. Unfortunately, I can't justify getting both.
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

Brass for me.
Ketil
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I generally prefer nickel over brass so I put down nickel but just before hitting the paypal button I changed it to brass on the spur of the moment. I have four nickel old Generation Cs that are all fine in their own right so, if only for the sake of variety, brass would make a nice change. While I don't have a big problem with the combination of yellow and white metal in my other Killarneys, a whistle in just the one metal is just that bit more balanced looking (cf Sindt).
My brain hurts

ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

I see from the Killarney website that yes the C is now available. I didn't see any formal announcement anywhere only that Killarney would eventually make a C. I too hope the Killarney is as good as the D and Eb.
tstermitz

Post by tstermitz »

I normally prefer silver, but the plating wears fairly quickly. I guess that gives the appearance of use, if that is what you want.

I'm excited to see a C Killarney as I REALLY like the sweet second octave of the D whistle. I also like the chiffy-metal tone of the Killarney - that is my preference over woody-recorder quality.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

I got mine two weeks ago, and I love it - even more than the D and Eb ones!
Tube diameter is the same as a Generation or Feadog C.
Can't wait until they make them in Bb too...
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I love it - even more than the D and Eb ones!
Good, that is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for that. Mine should be here tomorrow or Tuesday. :party:
My brain hurts

JackJ
Tell us something.: A new tin whistle player, I'm eager to learn more from the collective wisdom of this group. While my playing could use lots of help, I'm especially eager to learn which recordings to listen to.

Post by JackJ »

MichaelLoos wrote:I got mine two weeks ago, and I love it - even more than the D and Eb ones!
Can't wait until they make them in Bb too...
Which did you get, brass or chrome? And if you got the case, is it larger than the D case? I can fit a Generation C in my Killarney D case, but it’s a little tight.
Tor

Post by Tor »

I've never been able to find a C that I like, so this is interesting. But it looks like I will have to pay VAT twice - there's no price difference for inside/outside EU, i.e. VAT is included in both cases and then I will have to pay that again when I import it.
Is there a reseller for Killarney somewhere who have their VAT registration set up properly so that they can differentiate? I know there is a process involved and that's why not everyone is doing it, but e.g. bigwhistle do - they don't sell Killarney though.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I have seen Killarneys in Custys although they're not on their website. mind you, last time I was in there Killarney Cs weren't available yet. You can ask.

I'll go in and have a look when I am in Ennis.

Just received a message from Killarney quoting a two week delivery time, which is fine but sends up into smoke any hope of instant gratification.
My brain hurts