FS: Milligan D whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tin tin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

FS: Milligan D whistle

Post by tin tin »

For sale: Milligan D with blackwood tube and 'Quiet Mouthpiece.' It's a lovely whistle, with very well-balanced volume between the octaves. The lows are strong but the highs remain sweet and musical. The tone somehow manages to have both a cheerful brightness and a woody huskiness. Hard to describe, but it's nice. Tuning is spot on, too.

The whistle is in excellent condition. If you're interested, let me know if you'd like the brass polished or with the existing patina.
Photos here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 4DPSMUR9gr

I'm selling to fund other musical projects. $120, including U.S. postage.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: FS: Milligan D whistle

Post by kkrell »

I have a Milligan in Delrin that is a favorite. At the time, they were selling for $185 - I don't know what his current pricing is. Perhaps you could explain what the "Quiet Mouthpiece" is, and how it may differ from a standard offering. That uncertainty might be putting folks off.

PS, I wanted to bring this up before, but we're not allowed to add comments to a UIE post. Good that you have a regular thread in the Whistle Forum.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
tin tin
Tell us something.: To paraphrase Mark Twain, a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the spoons and doesn't. I'm doing my best to be a gentleman.

Re: FS: Milligan D whistle

Post by tin tin »

kkrell wrote:I have a Milligan in Delrin that is a favorite. At the time, they were selling for $185 - I don't know what his current pricing is. Perhaps you could explain what the "Quiet Mouthpiece" is, and how it may differ from a standard offering. That uncertainty might be putting folks off.

PS, I wanted to bring this up before, but we're not allowed to add comments to a UIE post. Good that you have a regular thread in the Whistle Forum.
Thanks, Kevin. The standard Milligan head is quite loud, from what I understand; the 'Quiet Mouthpiece' is narrower, with a smaller windway, although the volume is still on the 'session' end of the spectrum. (Indeed, I just played it at tonight's session, and it sounded great.) The real kicker with Milligan whistles is that you can actually hear yourself in the bottom octave. (By the way, a new Milligan is still $185.)

Update: Sold.