container to carry multiple whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
westonm
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hey! I'm interested in tin whistles and traditional irish and celtic music. It's an exciting opportunity to explore the scotch-irish roots of my family as well as play some old Civil War era tunes.

container to carry multiple whistles

Post by westonm »

Are there any nice-looking bags/pouches made for the express purpose of holding multiple whistles (in their own cases or not)
whistle1000

Re: container to carry multiple whistles

Post by whistle1000 »

I use an architects'/draftpersons' case. It can fit quite a few whisltes, low and high, in them! I'm not good at the copy paste stuff but you could google them.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

I'm not aware of any such thing made specifically for whistles, but I have heard of drumstick bags being used to hold large amounts of whistles.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Dan A. wrote:I'm not aware of any such thing made specifically for whistles
Goldie multiple-whistle softcase:
http://www.colingoldie.de/accessories.html

Took me a while to get one because postage was looking prohibitive till Brigitte discovered she could slash that by folding it to half its length, but it's made for the job and does it well, especially for those of us wanting to carry a full range of low to high whistles.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
ggunner

Post by ggunner »

Folkcraft Instruments makes a nice case specifically designed for tinwhistles or Native American flutes. Price is $80.00 with free shipping. Although a little on the pricey side, it will hold multiple whistles up to 23-24 inches long. You can check it out here:

https://folkcraft.com/collections/cases ... rrying-bag
nicx66
Tell us something.: Hi, I have been playing whistle for 3 years. I made my first whistle 2 years ago and my first tin whistle last year in a tinsmithing class.

Post by nicx66 »

I use a buckskin stanley sweetheart chisel roll. I can fit 12 whistles in it. Coincidentally the logo is nearly identical to ralph sweet's logo for sweetheart whistles.
Last edited by nicx66 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Newspaper?
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Here's an earlier post on the topic....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105322

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Benhall, you've been watching Cathal McConnel. . . :o

:D Bob :D
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

A lot of good options have been presented in this thread. I just might have a go at making one of those whistle quivers.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

You might also consider whistle rolls, like mine previously discussed here and summed up (with links back) on my blog:
http://www.petestack.com/blog/whistle-rolls.html

Interesting to note that most of the instruments you see in my photos have been replaced and sold on, though I regard my current line-up as pretty stable.

Might also point out that the main advantage of the Goldie case over these is not needing space to lay it out flat for access, though I still find the simple towelling prototypes we made before these useful if I'm just wanting to stick a few small whistles in another case or box.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

an seanduine wrote:Benhall, you've been watching Cathal McConnel. . . :o

:D Bob :D
:)
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

benhall.1 wrote:Newspaper?
And bailing wire with 2 rags to plug the ends. Classic!
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
Dan A.

Post by Dan A. »

Peter Duggan wrote:You might also consider whistle rolls...
I like tool rolls (so much so that I was almost angry when a previous employer wouldn't allow me to store my combination wrenches in their nice roll!), so I'd like a whistle roll, too. However, it would have to be commercially made, as the one sewing job I attempted was an unmitigated disaster.
Hooleh
Tell us something.: A whistler and a beginner Uilleann piper from Scandinavia. Maybe some day a piper during this life time.

Post by Hooleh »

Certainly not a nice-looking solution, nor even near the most practical one in means of transportation, but I simpy use the cheapest drum stick bag I found on the web.
Does the trick to the extent that is required for now.