Nightingale whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Drunken piper

Nightingale whistles

Post by Drunken piper »

Hi Chiff & Fipple! Not so long time ago i already made post here where presented my workshop with alumium and brass whistles. Now i have a really exciting news!
Dear friends! Over the past few years since the foundation of my workshop, when the New Year is coming, I traditionally offer you new items and good news. Today is a lucky day: on my birthday I’m happy to announce that I'm launching the first large-scale production of whistles in Russia!
Meet the Nightingale whistles series!

The idea came to me about a year and a half ago, its confidential implementation took about a year, and, the day before yesterday, I finally received the first manufactured whistle! The task was to produce a low-cost instrument with a plastic head, which would be close to expensive analogues in sound and quality. Each musician has individual feelings and expectations regarding the musical instrument. I may say that everything turned out even better than it was planned. When Brian Finnegan conducted a test drive of the final prototype and was satisfied, the final production stage was launched.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXhgdwwub9M
Now I’m opening pre-orders for low whistles: Low C, Low D, Low Eb, Low E. You can order the standard model with a body of uncoated aluminum, and anodized body (black). The pre-order prices are valid until the New Year, after the holidays it will be higher.
Aluminum body:
- Nightingale low D tunable – 80 €
- Nightingale low D non-tunable – 70 €
Anodized body:
- Black Nightingale low D tunable – 90 €
- Black Nightingale low D non-tunable – 80 €
Price actual for all low whistles: Low C, Low D, Low Eb, Low E
The main batch will be shipped in January, and in February I will start delivery.
As usual, please feel free to ask any questions!)
Alexander.piper@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/whistles.workshop/
https://www.facebook.com/alexander.karavaev.9
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sincerely yours,
Alexander Karavaev

P. S. Before the New Year I will record several high-quality studio videos and audios!
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Nightingale whistles

Post by ytliek »

Best wishes for much success with your new whistle production.
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

ytliek wrote:Best wishes for much success with your new whistle production.
Thanks a lot! It's important to feel support in the beginning)
mickey66
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

Alexander, you should send one of these Low D whistles around the USA (A whistle Tour) other makers have done this with a new whistle. Just my 2 cents! I'm sure a lot of people here would like that. M
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

mickey66 wrote:Alexander, you should send one of these Low D whistles around the USA (A whistle Tour) other makers have done this with a new whistle. Just my 2 cents! I'm sure a lot of people here would like that. M
Hi Mickey! Sure! I'm old forum member and certainly i know about this old-good tradition ;) I definitely will do that! I think i will make a post about it in Febrary, when i'll got all fipples from factory.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

mickey66 wrote:Alexander, you should send one of these Low D whistles around the USA (A whistle Tour)
UK/Europe would be nice too! :)
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

Peter Duggan wrote:
mickey66 wrote:Alexander, you should send one of these Low D whistles around the USA (A whistle Tour)
UK/Europe would be nice too! :)
Yep! No problem at all)
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

Drunken piper wrote:
mickey66 wrote:Alexander, you should send one of these Low D whistles around the USA (A whistle Tour) other makers have done this with a new whistle. Just my 2 cents! I'm sure a lot of people here would like that. M
Hi Mickey! Sure! I'm old forum member and certainly i know about this old-good tradition ;) I definitely will do that! I think i will make a post about it in Febrary, when i'll got all fipples from factory.
:thumbsup:
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

As i promised - review of Low E,Eb,D,C Nightingale whistles from Andrew Yakovenko.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akT3Ys3OokM
Soon i'll post another one with english language!
Last edited by Drunken piper on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Sounds nice! Those have for to be the most freakishly long fingers that I've laid eyes on! :shock: No need for piper's grip for that man! This post may direct a few more viewers to the link :)
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

Huh =) Yes, he's lucky with his fingers! Andrey easily plays on his bass G whistle.
xsdi
Tell us something.: I am a tin whistle player, would like to socialize and discuss tin whistle playing techniques and music in general with others.

Post by xsdi »

It's great to see tin whistles being played all over the world - I wasn't aware of any Russian whistle makers before.

Although I do recall there is a Chinese one...

Anyway, your whistles look good :thumbsup: Happy new year and best of luck with your instrument making.
Drunken piper

Post by Drunken piper »

xsdi wrote:It's great to see tin whistles being played all over the world - I wasn't aware of any Russian whistle makers before.

Although I do recall there is a Chinese one...

Anyway, your whistles look good :thumbsup: Happy new year and best of luck with your instrument making.
Thanks) Best wishes to you too! Happy New Year!
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Those whistles look great and sound even better. Though it would be a bit of a challenge, I'd sure like to play one when it goes on its U.S. tour!
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

Just wondering, I assume the prices listed do not include shipping, right? Do you have a sense of what that would be to the US, or to continental Europe for that matter? I don't know much about the Russian postal system...

And count me in as someone very interested in trying a whistle out on a US tour!