Second high-end whistle - Liam O'Flynn question

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Krasnojarsk

Re: Second high-end whistle - Liam O'Flynn question

Post by Krasnojarsk »

Mr.Gumby wrote:I suppose asking Burke whistles if they still have a representative in Europe -is the most efficient way of going about it.
Great idea, I shall do that!
still1do
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by still1do »

It was just confirmed over on another whistle site by Padraig Buckley himself that Killarney whistles will be releasing a C whistle. He said it would be posted in a couple weeks". The post on the other site was December 23rd. So keep your eyes peeled.
Krasnojarsk

Post by Krasnojarsk »

still1do wrote:It was just confirmed over on another whistle site by Padraig Buckley himself that Killarney whistles will be releasing a C whistle. He said it would be posted in a couple weeks". The post on the other site was December 23rd. So keep your eyes peeled.
Excellent, thank you!
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
I'm not really sure it's in my price range. Used sounds like a good idea

There's a problem there though, the used ones are fetching absolutely silly OTT prices. A C was on offer here a while ago for well over $200 I believe, silly stuff. I want a C Sindt, and have been looking for one after finding one here for a neighbour years ago, but not at that price.

As a comparison: A 1970s Generation C (in a batch with two Clarkes) did not find a buyer on ebay last night for £2.99.
The prices used are even crazier than that.... irishflute store had several not long ago selling from 499-549 in various keys. They all seem to have sold. I paid $140 each for my Bb and A, ordered in 2010 direct from John.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia