It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm 

Hi guys:
I mostly play the flute and I usually have a look to the flute forums, but I ask for your help and advice. I am looking for a good D whistle for about 100€.
Can you help!
Thanks!
S.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:32 pm 

smoro wrote:
Hi guys:
I mostly play the flute and I usually have a look to the flute forums, but I ask for your help and advice. I am looking for a good D whistle for about 100€.
Can you help!
Thanks!
S.

A pretty open ended request, that. Skim the C&F list of whistle makers and you'll find any number of "good" whistles in your price range.

You'll also get a dozen opinions pro and con for any of them.

If this is your first whistle, I'd recommend doing yourself the favor of getting a "good" whistle in a lower price bracket. Can hardly go wrong with a Jerry freeman tweaked (in a range of keys) for about 40€

Just send me the 60€ as finders fee! ;)

Seriously, if you like the Freeman, great! You can always add a couple other keys and still come out ahead. If you don't like it, you'll not have wasted a hundred euros right at the start and you can still try something else.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:04 am 

Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe
Killarney every time. For me, they're the best whistles out there at the moment, and they also happen to be only €74 (€79 with a pouch, which is well worth getting IMO). I prefer the brass, but some of my whistle playing friends prefer the nickel. They're both good.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:52 am 

Thanks guys.
I had should mentioned that the whistle is not for me, but for a fríend. I have and play from time to time a Generations D whistle and I am quite happy with it, but my friend is looking for something different, since he does not feel happy with Generatios. Hence de request, I mostly play the flute and am a bit lost about whistle market.
thanks!
S.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:54 am 

benhall.1 wrote:
Killarney every time. For me, they're the best whistles out there at the moment, and they also happen to be only €74 (€79 with a pouch, which is well worth getting IMO). I prefer the brass, but some of my whistle playing friends prefer the nickel. They're both good.

I´ll have a look to this.
Regards.
s.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 am 

whistlecollector wrote:
smoro wrote:
Hi guys:
Can you help!
Thanks!
S.

A pretty open ended request, that. Skim the C&F list of whistle makers and you'll find any number of "good" whistles in your price range.

You'll also get a dozen opinions pro and con for any of them.

If this is your first whistle, I'd recommend doing yourself the favor of getting a "good" whistle in a lower price bracket. Can hardly go wrong with a Jerry freeman tweaked (in a range of keys) for about 40€

Just send me the 60€ as finders fee! ;)

Seriously, if you like the Freeman, great! You can always add a couple other keys and still come out ahead. If you don't like it, you'll not have wasted a hundred euros right at the start and you can still try something else.

You are good doing bussines!!!
:lol: :lol:
Thanks for your advice!
S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:31 am 

smoro wrote:
Thanks guys.
I had should mentioned that the whistle is not for me, but for a fríend. I have and play from time to time a Generations D whistle and I am quite happy with it, but my friend is looking for something different, since he does not feel happy with Generatios. Hence de request.

It might be worth exploring why your friend doesn't like the Generation whistle. Buying a more expensive whistle won't turn a poor player into a good player overnight...

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/hyldas
http://www.myspace.com/reel2reelfolk