Freeman whistles: where to buy from Europe (Italy)?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
cheip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello! I am a flute player from Italy, I'm lurking this forum by years, and now I want to register my account. Really, I have a flute to sell, but surely I approve your rules, and I will contribute to the forum to gain the rights to sell something. :^)

Freeman whistles: where to buy from Europe (Italy)?

Post by cheip »

Hi,
I want to buy a Freeman whistle, I would ask to this community where I can buy one or more of them from Italy.
I prefer to buy from Europe to avoid boring (and, for Italy, very very long) custom practices.
I've seen Jerry sell his whistles on eBay but form USA and, most important, not to Italy (why??).

Thank you in advance for the help!
Last edited by cheip on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Freeman whistles: where to buy form Europe (Italy)?

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The Big whistle

Although, starting £42 and going up to £51 depending on type of whistle, you probably need a strong urge to get one
My brain hurts

cheip
Tell us something.: Hello! I am a flute player from Italy, I'm lurking this forum by years, and now I want to register my account. Really, I have a flute to sell, but surely I approve your rules, and I will contribute to the forum to gain the rights to sell something. :^)

Re: Freeman whistles: where to buy form Europe (Italy)?

Post by cheip »

Mr.Gumby wrote:The Big whistle

Although, starting £42 and going up to £51 depending on type of whistle, you probably need a strong urge to get one
Yes, that site is a bit pricey! Thanks for naming it!
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: Freeman whistles: where to buy from Europe (Italy)?

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

I live in the US. British pound equivalent of what I pay for Jerry's whistles in US dollars range from about 31 pounds to 44 pounds. If I lived in Europe, I wouldn't hesitate to pay the extra 10 pounds or so. To me, Freemans are worth it.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

If I lived in Europe, I wouldn't hesitate..

Keeping it to this end of the world, the Cillian O'Briain 'improved' is probably the more economically viable way to go if you want a lovely playing altered whistle for a reasonable (compared to shop mark up) price.
My brain hurts

Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

For a time, I excluded Italy from eBay orders because I had two in a row get lost by the Italian postal service. When that happens, I have to replace the whistle or refund the money, which consumes a lot of time for a net loss. I barely survive on what I make from this business. (Thanks to you who complain about how much my instruments cost. It's painful to read and is the kind of thing that keeps me off this forum.)

I resumed shipping to Italy a year or two ago. If any of my eBay listings still exclude Italy in the shipping, please point them out to me and I'll correct them.

Thanks, and best wishes,
Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Freeman on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Oh, I forgot to mention the Jerry's Ebay store ships to Italy as well.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

(Thanks to you who complain about how much my instruments cost. It's painful to read and is the kind of thing that keeps me off this forum.)
It was obviously the, considerable, shop mark up under discussion. Which I clearly indicated in my post above. Are you suggesting economic/financial considerations are off limits when discussing whistle purchases here?
My brain hurts

cheip

Post by cheip »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Thanks to you who complain about how much my instruments cost. It's painful to read and is the kind of thing that keeps me off this forum.)
I do not complain about the cost of the instrument itself, I complain with the cited website that prices the instruments in pounds, this makes the instrument cost around twice your eBay price, if I pay in euros. This only because almost half your eBay items, if we are talking about the same account (http://stores.ebay.com/freemanwhistles), excludes Italy from shipping.

I know that Italy post service it's weird, it's another thing I complain when I buy something from outside Italy and/or Europe. I pay the item, extra-eu taxes, eu taxes, and I wait around a month or two to receive the item, if I buy from outside eu.

I'm sorry if in this route of paying "things" and not receive the item in a reasonable time the message that peoples receives it's that I complain of paying the item itself.
Tyler DelGregg

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Mr. Gumby, I don't think Jerry wants to discourage financial/economic discussions. As a bystander with no horses in the race, I think your statement could have been misconstrued as a complaint against Jerry, and not the mark up in Europe. Perhaps, it was in the tone your statement was delivered, which of course, would have been more pleasant had you and Jerry discussed this over a pint.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Peter, over the years, you have been extremely hostile to me on this forum. You are the single reason I almost never post here.

or directly from me:

Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

"... almost half your eBay items, excludes Italy from shipping."

I'll go back through and correct them. I thought I had done all of them before.

or directly from me:

cheip

Post by cheip »

Jerry Freeman wrote:"... almost half your eBay items, excludes Italy from shipping."

I'll go back through and correct them. I thought I had done all of them before.
Thank you. I've been undecided about write directly to you on eBay asking why you was not shipping to Italy, but I know that a lot of eBay users excludes Italy for the reasons you mentioned above I decided to ask here where I can buy one of your whistle outside the official channel.

Surely I will order a tweaked whistle on eBay (I always prefer official channels) hoping to receive it under the Christmas tree! :D
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Thanks, Cheip!

or directly from me:

s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Jerry Freeman wrote:Peter, over the years, you have been extremely hostile to me on this forum. You are the single reason I almost never post here.
That's unfortunate. I've always valued your contributions, and over the years I've recommended your whistles a number of times.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis