Sindt A/Bb Set

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
whistle1000

Sindt A/Bb Set

Post by whistle1000 »

Someone has posted, on the chiffandfipple facebook page, selling a Sindt A/Bb set for $420 ono....it's not me but I thought I'd let yee know as the seller has not posted here. I have this set and, as you can imagine, they are lovely players!
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Sindt A/Bb Set

Post by pancelticpiper »

Sorry I don't follow your meaning, due to your sentence being open to a number of different interpretations.

Are you saying that an unknown Facebook seller is advertising items which are actually in your possession?

Or when you say that you "have this set" you mean that you have, not the actual set the Facebook seller is selling, but a different (but similar) set?
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

:lol: Sorry for the confusion Richard. David Parkhurst, posted them. I did not buy this set but yes, I also have a Sindt A/Bb set.
Cayden
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F.

Post by Cayden »

I too, have an A / Bb set of whistles crafted by John Sindt. Simply incredible whistles. :thumbsup:

Cayden
"TEAM TRAD" Pro Staff
Official Life Member of DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY
"Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, and Andrea Corr, each a Whistle Goddess in her own right"!
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

I have separate A and Bb whistles from him, not the set. And glad i do.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

BTW, since there was a Sindt whistle thread that discussed prices here recently.... I was going through some receipts today, and found the invoice for my A and Bb. Ordered towards the end of 2010, delivered, spring of 2012. Each whistle was $140. Current prices on the irishflutestore.com recently have been $549 and $499 respectively.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

I have the D/Eb set, ($60 for the D and $10 for the extra Eb tube)...C ($85) and A/Bb set ( $110 for the A and $15 for the Bb tube)....for a grand total of $280 for all 5 and I am delighted to have them...not bragging, just pointing out the price difference....I was lucky enough to have met John when he was just starting out and didn't hesitate to jump at the chance to buy up what he made...I even sent a D/Eb set to a friend in Ireland in exchange for a tutor cassette that she made for me and a couple of CD's from the up and coming, at that time, Danu and Cian. Fair trade. Imagine now trading the set for a couple of CD's. They are truly wonderful whistles but I'm pretty sure that I would never pay $500 for just one of them.
kintailpipes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kintailpipes »

I was so impressed with my Sindt High D whistle that I bought one in each of the following pitches Eb, C, Bb and A. That was 10 years ago or more. Great investment and they are whistles that I enjoy using all the time.
David Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by David Parkhurst »

The actual seller, David Parkhurst (who is a fine piper, upright chap and likes Laphroaig) is selling a Sindt A/Bb set, one head, two bodies. Oops.... it's sold. Stay tuned, I'll be posting a Burke brass B (I think it's a B, I'm at work) for sale tonight. I will post both on FB and here, give fellow Chiffies first crack at it.
David Parkhurst
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by David Parkhurst »

kintailpipes wrote:I was so impressed with my Sindt High D whistle that I bought one in each of the following pitches Eb, C, Bb and A. That was 10 years ago or more. Great investment and they are whistles that I enjoy using all the time.
I have a Sindt D/Eb which are top-notch, matched only by my Water Weasels. Don't use the Eb body though.... not many sessions where someone says "Hey! Let's play that in Eb!"