Japanese YouTube channel posts demos of many whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
vonallentx
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm learning to play the harp and just added learning the whistle to my endeavors. I'm wanting to post a question about which keys are the most important whistles to have in one's kit. Also, I've been searching the posts for knowledge about whistle brands, makers, etc. And I wouldn't mind a good deal on a whistle for sale.

Japanese YouTube channel posts demos of many whistles

Post by vonallentx »

Hi y'all,

I'm just starting to learn about whistles and spent A LOT of time on YouTube trying to find demos of different whistles. This YouTube channel is in conjunction with an online store https://celtnofue.com/ (which offers an English option in the top right corner).

These concise video demos have been really helpful for me, because they mostly have the same player and the same format.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWImnv ... bBpiqg5VwQ

Check it out. There might be a whistle you are wanting to hear.

Best,

Von Allen
Austin, Texas
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: Japanese YouTube channel posts demos of many whistles

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

I think Jumpei Hatao is a member of the forum. He's a really talented, multi dimensional player. You are right; his postings are comprehensive and informative.
puipui
Tell us something.: I am playing whistles since 3 years ago but still at a beginner level. I especially like the tone produced by whistles of key of Bb.

Post by puipui »

Thank you for introducing us this interesting YouTube channel.

Would anybody let me know the name of tune which hatao is playing in routine to show the characteristics of whistle in most of the videos?

By the way, this YouTube channel is managed by two people, Jumpei Ueoka and Tomoaki Hatakeyama.

Username of the latter person here is “hatao”.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Would anybody let me know the name of tune which hatao is playing in routine to show the characteristics of whistle in most of the videos?
Dunphy's hrnp (based on one video watched, for a dixon whistle)

[added] Watched bits another one and heard Chief O'Neill's Favourite a few times, as well as the Father O'Flynn, George White's and The Fairy Reel
My brain hurts

puipui
Tell us something.: I am playing whistles since 3 years ago but still at a beginner level. I especially like the tone produced by whistles of key of Bb.

Post by puipui »

Mr.Gumby,

Thank you for your prompt answer.
The name of tune I was looking for was "Chief O'Neill's Favourite".

Thanks,

puipui