Where do *you* change to piper's grip?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Where do *you* change to piper's grip?

Post by pancelticpiper »

tomcat wrote: I don't have large hands so when I started playing low whistles, so I purposely sought out those that reduced or eliminated the need for pipers grip.
Interesting that you want to avoid or reduce the very thing that allows people with smaller hands to more comfortably play bigger whistles.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Re: Where do *you* change to piper's grip?

Post by tomcat »

pancelticpiper wrote:
tomcat wrote: I don't have large hands so when I started playing low whistles, so I purposely sought out those that reduced or eliminated the need for pipers grip.
Interesting that you want to avoid or reduce the very thing that allows people with smaller hands to more comfortably play bigger whistles.
well, its not the brightest move I ever made - but it did keep me from giving up. funny how its not a problem now....may prove, at least in my case, persistence wins over brilliance.