Carbony Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
thx712517
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've always been a string instrument player but I always wanted to learn bagpipes. My lips were too weak to form a seal. Lately I've been interested in wind instruments that are similar keys to the bagpipes.

Carbony Whistles

Post by thx712517 »

Went to the Highland Games last weekend and Carbony had a tent there. Got the chance to play a few high D whistles and a low D. Very nicely constructed, nice tone too. Easy to transition into the second octave on the two high D whistles I played. The low D was the first I've ever played so I was having to learn breath and piper's grip all at once, but the few notes I could get out of it (B, A, G) sounded wonderful.

They also had a high D whistle with a drone. Very unique sound!
AngelicBeaver
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Re: Carbony Whistles

Post by AngelicBeaver »

I have a low E that I'm quite fond of. I got a very good deal on it used, probably because it's a more unusual key. Very different from my other whistles. I'd love to try out some of the soprano D options, but they've been beyond my budget. Someday, perhaps.
Nathaniel James Dowell