Modified Bracker Low D?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Modified Bracker Low D?

Post by Mikethebook »

As to breath requirements for the low D: it is easy enough to customise this, it could be reduced simply by reducing the windway and window width slightly, say 0.5mm. The overall volume would be reduced a bit as well that way, but not the tonal character.
So said Hans during the Bracker whistle tour when it was suggested that the Low D used more breath that some people liked. I'm wondering if anyone has bought such a whistle from him, and would care to comment on how it plays, and what its air requirements are like now. Peter Duggan can correct me if I'm wrong but the holes look smaller than on a standard Goldie Low D making me think the Bracker would be a nice whistle for playing dance tunes but I'm still curious about breath requirements.