WTB: Ian Lambe Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

WTB: Ian Lambe Low D

Post by Mikethebook »

dunnp

Re: WTB: Ian Lambe Low D

Post by dunnp »

Try Powells in Galway?
There was an upright box of low whistles with a sign that said Dixon, Lambe, Chieftain etc. Low whistles.
I didn't rummage through the box but there were a few aluminium whistles among the dixons in their square plastic cases.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Try Powells in Galway?
They used to stock Lambes, was in there last Tuesday and don't think I saw any, wasn't paying much attention to the low whistles though.
My brain hurts

Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Thanks very much guys. I'll check that out. Annoyingly, I've just missed a rather nice example on German eBay but it went before I could arrange for anyone over there to receive it for me. But the seller suggested Ian no longer makes them. Do you know if there's truth in that?
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

was in there last Tuesday and don't think I saw any, wasn't paying much attention to the low whistles though.
Found myself in Galway again today (the arts festival and all that) and had another look in Powell's: the label on the low whistle box did say Lambes were included but I didn't spot any in there (assuming they still look the same as when I saw them in there years ago). Dixons and Chieftains, as far as I could tell.
My brain hurts

Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Thanks, Mr Gumby. I e-mailed them and haven't had a reply so thanks for the information.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Bump