the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Technocelts
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop

Post by Technocelts »

I just would like to extend an invite for everybody to visit the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop at
https://www.celticcrosswhistleshop.com/

We just opened our shop this year and are looking to meet new whistle buddies ;)

I hope this post is permissible. If not, please forgive my ignorance & accept my sincere apology.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop

Post by pancelticpiper »

I wish you all the best in your venture.

According to Google, Kittanning is 4 1/2 hours from Hurricane WV where my family is, and I'll be visiting (from California) the first weekend in August.

Do you have a brick-and-mortar shop I can visit? Or will you be at a festival that weekend?

I'm planning on visiting the Appalachian String Band Festival on Saturday Aug 5 but nothing's in stone. (It would be fantastic if you were planning on attending that!)

My drive to visit you would be well worth it, to be able to play and purchase some whistles in person. I want to try some Albas and Killarneys at least. (I don't see Alba Low Whistles on your site, one of the things I'd love to try is an Alba Low D.)

Greater Los Angeles might have 15 million people but we don't have a whistle shop, or a trad shop, as far as I know.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
gremich

Post by gremich »

Here in Ohio I ordered a Killarney high D and received it in 2 days! Great to have a supplier so close with excellent service! All the best with your endeavors and keep expanding your inventory!
Greg
Technocelts
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

Post by Technocelts »

Thank you both so much for your kind words. We are not wealthy but we both love the whistle and are thankful for the music we are blessed with. We have put all the monies we could muster up into the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop for now, and have decided to Trust the Lord on where it may go. Deb and I both have full time blue collar jobs that provide necessary shelter & food. So we have decided to put any profits from the Celtic Cross Whistle Shop back into restocking & expanding. This is not a for profit or money making thing for us. We just want to have fun with the shop, serve the whistle playing community, and meet new friends. So Lord willing we will continue to grow the inventory to meet the wants and needs of the community. Please feel free to contact Deb or myself with any thoughts or request concerning the shop. We want The Celtic Cross Whistle Shop to belong to all of us. Please be patient.

We do not have a brick and mortar location at this time, but ya never know what the future may hold.

As for the weekend of August 4th & 5th, there are no festivals planned for us at this time. We will be attending the Pipers Gathering 2 weeks after that. We would really enjoy attending the Appalachian String Band Festival as old time music is what led us down the road to Celtic music & the whistle in the first place. But we are not sure if it will all work out with our work schedules.

Thanks again so much for your response & kind words.
God Bless
Deb & PJ
PlanxtyPipes
Tell us something.: Flute, whistle, and (beginner) fiddle player! I live in the Charlotte, NC area and love Irish Traditional Music.

Post by PlanxtyPipes »

pancelticpiper wrote:I wish you all the best in your venture.

According to Google, Kittanning is 4 1/2 hours from Hurricane WV where my family is, and I'll be visiting (from California) the first weekend in August.
My wife's family is from Hurricane, WV too!

Technocelts, best of luck with your store! The site looks good! I've got a brass Killarney D that I love and I want to get an Eb at some point and I'll definitely throw my business your way!
Technocelts

Post by Technocelts »

Thank you so much :)
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Look forward to meeting you at the Pipers Gathering.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

PlanxtyPipes wrote:
My wife's family is from Hurricane, WV too!
Wow, small world!

We're originally from Chesapeake, south of Charleston on the Kanawha, a tiny place of a thousand people or so. But my mom moved to Hurricane (the last syllable pronounced cunn, not cane) many years ago and my sister moved there too when she retired in California.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle