June CP from Thornton Whistles!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
tompipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

June CP from Thornton Whistles!

Post by tompipes »

Hi everybody.

I've been getting some great feedback from my new wooden whistles.
The general feedback is that they have good lower octave volume and strong tone while the second octave is still a pinch louder but the wood body has a mellowing effect on the very high notes.
It was my intention to create such an instrument so I'm glad that others have found these traits to be present too.
Here's a few clips to enjoy.

https://youtu.be/ghkDN2glc0w

https://youtu.be/8IfYsR6Cm4U

So, for the next 10 customers I get I'll include a complementary "Wissel" which is a little flute shaped pendant/brooch that I make too.
http://tommmymartin.wixsite.com/thornto ... es/wissels

I will say, as of today, I have a 2 week wait on these wooden whistles but I have a 2/3 day turnaround on my regular D whistles.
https://youtu.be/fw_yny62H2Y

And, about a 3 week wait for the new A whistle
https://youtu.be/04SckNiiDMs

Also, please forgive the rustic recordings but I wanted them to be as honest as possible so I recorded the clips in my workshop with my phone.

All feedback and questions are welcome and thanks for listening!!

Tommy
joshuaZ
Tell us something.: I am interested in low and high whistles of all keys - and how to adjust them!
Built my own whistle body a while ago and am wondering what is the easiest way to built a mouthpiece.

Re: June CP from Thornton Whistles!

Post by joshuaZ »

Hi Tommy,

Sorry to be posting a reply that is completely irrelevant to the post here.

I made a purchase of low D whistle and a low G whistle from you a few weeks ago. Our communications seem to have ceased a day after payment has been made - that is I never did receive a notification if the whistles were dispatched. I tried sending emails to your gmail account but failed to get a reply.

I have yet to receive the whistles so am wondering if you have any tracking info about them and when I should expect a delivery.

Thank you and apologies again for posting here!
Last edited by joshuaZ on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
tompipes

Post by tompipes »

They still havent arrived!

Let me look into it.

Sincere apologies!

Tommy
joshuaZ
Tell us something.: I am interested in low and high whistles of all keys - and how to adjust them!
Built my own whistle body a while ago and am wondering what is the easiest way to built a mouthpiece.

Post by joshuaZ »

tompipes wrote:They still havent arrived!

Let me look into it.

Sincere apologies!

Tommy
Hey Tommy,

Thank you for your quick reply!
Any luck finding out what stage of shipping the package is currently at?
joshuaZ

Post by joshuaZ »

Any update?
joshuaZ

Post by joshuaZ »

Hi Tommy,

Can you at least give me a tracking number so that I know that the whistles have been sent?
Otherwise I will have to request a refund on the purchase. Sorry for this but it has been quite a long wait and communication hasn't been great.

Yours faithfully,

Edit: Tommy just told me that the delivery was interrupted by a local strike but he managed to retrieve the parcel. He just posted it again. Hopefully everything (low D, low G, and a F body) with arrive soon.
tompipes

Post by tompipes »

Thanks joshuaZ for posting an update.
I apologize for the delay with your delivery.
I'm sorry I'm not a frequent internet user but I'd hope patience would ensue.

All the best

Tommy
joshuaZ

Post by joshuaZ »

Whistles have arrived in really quick time now that the strike issue has been sorted.

I have unrealistic expectations of the whistles and requested a rather unreasonable return, but Mr. Martin has graciously accepted this return without any problem.

Thought I did not keep the whistles, I believe Mr. Martin is a really trustworthy seller. Thank you to all who have been keeping track of this and giving me advice!