Anyone with contact info for Tilbury Woodwinds Co.?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Anyone with contact info for Tilbury Woodwinds Co.?

Post by ytliek »

Hi, anyone have another contact method for Chuck Tilbury at Tilbury Woodwinds Co.? I've tried through email and through website without success, no response. Any recent contact?

Thanks.
saintninian
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Anyone with contact info for Tilbury Woodwinds Co.?

Post by saintninian »

I bought a whistle from him on his Etsy site. You might try contacting him through that.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

saintninian wrote:I bought a whistle from him on his Etsy site. You might try contacting him through that.
Etsy provides the same non-working email as is provided here on the Chiff.

Also, Mods, in the WMD whistlemakers list when I click on the contact link for ctilbury the link defaults to tompipes. How does that happen?
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

The Etsy link (now) is a good contact. There must've have been server connection issue, but, now its OK.

Also, the email here thru C&F did in fact (now) get through so it is OK.

However, the Mods, or who ever is maintaining the WMD whistlemakers directory needs to fix the contact link for ctilbury. The link continues to default to tompipes???

So everything is hunkydorey and I have a Tilbury Bb coming soon.
Mae
Tell us something.: I'm a recorder player, but I've been dabbling in Irish whistles and Native American flutes. I'm always interested in learning more.

Post by Mae »

I tend to either email Chuck directly or go through his regular website here: http://whistlemaker.com

I contacted him to finish getting the last two in the new range of alto whistles he's made. He doesn't have them listed on his site that I can see, but he started making Bb, A, G and F in a larger bore. I own his older Bb with the narrower bore, and purchased the larger bore to compare. I like it a lot. It's a fuller sound. I'm keeping both, though, because they have their unique characteristics. I also like that, with my hands just off carpal tunnel surgery, I'm able to play his instruments because they are lighter in weight than some others I can't handle a lot of my heavier whistles now, and I may end up getting rid of some because I will have slightly weaker hands long-term (and my younger one made off with all my Dixon brass trad altos which were also nice and light and playable for me).
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

ytliek wrote:However, the Mods, or who ever is maintaining the WMD whistlemakers directory needs to fix the contact link for ctilbury. The link continues to default to tompipes???
Couldn't say why that is. The Directory was MTGuru's baby, and he's on sabbatical. We'll see what, if anything, we can do about it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Fixed! And a tip o' the hat to puipui for the help. :thumbsup:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

Nanohedron wrote:Fixed! And a tip o' the hat to puipui for the help. :thumbsup:
Thank you. The WMD is a great resource and will remain so as long as it is accurate. Thanks again! :thumbsup:
Technocelts
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

Post by Technocelts »

We have Tilbury whistles in stock in our shop. Celticrosswhistleshop.com
Ships the same or next day. You would have it in 2 to 3 days via USPS priority mail.
ytliek

Post by ytliek »

After I got the contact situation sorted look at what arrived today. Two babies Bb and D and they're going out on a date tonight.

Thank you Chuck Tilbury for fast, immediate service. Now to go give these whistles a blast for a bit. :)
Mae
Tell us something.: I'm a recorder player, but I've been dabbling in Irish whistles and Native American flutes. I'm always interested in learning more.

Post by Mae »

@ytliek: Those are really nice. I love his whistles. I'm waiting for my order of an A and F, and can't wait.

@Technocelts: Will you be carrying the low whistles in some of those lines as well?
Technocelts
Tell us something.: I have loved the tin whistle since 1999. I just started playing 4 weeks ago. Wanted to meet others with same interest and get opinions.

Post by Technocelts »

Yes Mae, we will be getting the F, G, A, & Bb in by next week sometime according to Chuck Tilbury. I know he is really backed up, so it may be longer.
Mae

Post by Mae »

Oh, I actually already have those coming. I was thinking the low whistles in the Albas or Chieftains.
Technocelts

Post by Technocelts »

We have the Chieftain Low D's in the V4 & Thunderbird, tunable & fixed Mae. I should have these listed in the store in the next 30 to 40 minutes. Hopefully we will be getting the Chieftains in all keys along with the Alba's in the near future.
Mae

Post by Mae »

Thank you. Your pricing is very reasonable. :)