Bernard Overton low D question.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Konradamusic
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Bernard Overton low D question.

Post by Konradamusic »

Did Bernard Overton write his initials or date on the inside of the whistle like Colin does? I ask because I have Low D stamped with just Overton but nothing on the inside. Thanks!
Joe Gerardi

Re: Bernard Overton low D question.

Post by Joe Gerardi »

Mine hasn't anything on the inside.

..Joe
Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Nothing on the inside of whistle here either.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

I don't think he did. Colin told me he could identify one of Bernard's by the way it was finished but I know nothing more.
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Not to muddle the waters, but I have a Goldie low D made in 2007(?) that has the Overton stamp on the end but no initials on the inside. It's a Goldie, I'm sure, as I ordered it directly from Colin.

Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Interesting! According to Colin:
All Overton whistles I have made, have either my name engraved inside the end of the whistle or would have had CSG stamped before the Overton on my very early instruments (pre 1998)