What is the tune please?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

What is the tune please?

Post by Mikethebook »

Can anyone put a name to the tune in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXFn5705y64 It starts about 30 seconds in. And the key of the whistle? Many thanks.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: What is the tune please?

Post by Peter Duggan »

Whistle's in F.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

I thought it was. Thanks anyway. I posted on the Session too but so far nobody seems to know what the tune is. I wonder whether it is an original piece by Cora rather than traditional.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Sounds she's making it up or playing two unrelated parts of tunes the ~F2 DF EFDE ~F2 DF EFD certainly sounds like something else.
My brain hurts

Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr.Nate »

Celtic Jazz!
Whistling in the Rockies!!
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

What's in a name? Many of us play tunes we don't know the names of.

If somebody wanted to learn the tune it would be easy enough to pick it up from the video.

About parts recombining with other parts, it seems to be not uncommon in ITM.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Mr.Nate wrote:Celtic Jazz!
I don't like Jazz but this thing makes me have seizures :D