What happened to the C&F Main Website?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
David Parkhurst
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

What happened to the C&F Main Website?

Post by David Parkhurst »

I know I am a bit behind the times, but I can't seem to access the main C&F page..... what happened? :(
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: What happened to the C&F Main Website?

Post by Nanohedron »

Admin got together and did a bunch of much-needed cleanup on the Board - curb appeal, you know - and IIRC, in the process Dale decided to axe the Main Page as well. After all this time I'm afraid I'm hazy on the details about that, though.

Now the Index Page is the Main Page.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I think David may be referring to the old Chiff and Fipple website where Dale did his whistle reviews and stuff. Originally, this site, here, the forums, was a sort of add-on to that, as a discussion forum site. The old site - which some still refer to as the "main" Chiff and Fipple site - is effectively defunct. It hadn't been kept up to date for many years in any case, and I believe that Dale turned it off some while ago.

I think this may be a different way of saying what Nano said in his post above ...
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

Email / PM shut-down as well....I have one that's been in outbox for more than 10 days. One that's a week old sent today.....tis strange?
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

mickey66 wrote:Email / PM shut-down as well....I have one that's been in outbox for more than 10 days.
Recipient hasn't read it yet.
One that's a week old sent today
Recipient read it today.
tis strange?
Nope, just the way it works.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:I think this may be a different way of saying what Nano said in his post above ...
Yep. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

Peter Duggan wrote:
mickey66 wrote:Email / PM shut-down as well....I have one that's been in outbox for more than 10 days.
Recipient hasn't read it yet.
One that's a week old sent today
Recipient read it today.
tis strange?
Nope, just the way it works.
Ok! Thanks for clearing that up for me.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

mickey66 wrote:Email / PM shut-down as well....I have one that's been in outbox for more than 10 days. One that's a week old sent today.....tis strange?
I have one in the Outbox since January 2007. That message will stay there until the recipient receives (reads) it, or I delete it from my Outbox. In my case, the recipient has not returned to the forum, is refusing to read it, and/or has the incorrect associated email regarding notification. I still have hope. :P

(edited to prevent added new spellings of words to any dictionaries)
Last edited by kkrell on Thu May 18, 2017 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Wow. I thought I was stubborn. :boggle:
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

Thanks! I don't feel so bad now......
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

I have two in my Outbox - one from 2013 and one from 2014. In both case, I suspect the intended recipients were too arrogant/rude to bother to read a message from a Mod. I've re-read my messages - they were kind and gentle. So, out of character there, then! :twisted:
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

benhall.1 wrote:I have two in my Outbox - one from 2013 and one from 2014. In both case, I suspect the intended recipients were too arrogant/rude to bother to read a message from a Mod. I've re-read my messages - they were kind and gentle. So, out of character there, then! :twisted:
There's still time to edit them before delivery, then.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

benhall.1 wrote:I have two in my Outbox - one from 2013 and one from 2014. In both case, I suspect the intended recipients were too arrogant/rude to bother to read a message from a Mod. I've re-read my messages - they were kind and gentle. So, out of character there, then! :twisted:
What can be frustrating is when folks change their email addresses and don't change them on the site here so that neither notifications of PMs or direct emails go through. I've also had messages sit for years in the outgoing box before I finally give up and delete them. :really:

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr.Nate »

Where is Dale anyway? It seems like he's been on a holiday....for years!
Whistling in the Rockies!!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Nate wrote:Where is Dale anyway? It seems like he's been on a holiday....for years!
Dale has finally realized his lifelong dream of joining the circus. Entry level's brutal, though; last I heard he was still sweeping up after the elephants.

No, just kidding. His professional plate is quite full, actually, so that plus being a doting grandfather takes up much of his time and energy these days. He still drops by now and again. :)