Really a Generation?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Really a Generation?

Post by Steve Bliven »

There's a listing on eBay for a Generation whistle in a design I've not seen previously. Does Generation really make whistles like this?

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Cholbroo17
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My name is Chris I have been playing whistles for about 13 years. For a long time I had stopped playing but now am getting back into it pretty heavily.
Thanks
Chris

Re: Really a Generation?

Post by Cholbroo17 »

No that is not a generation that is a no name/brand whistle it's like the equivalent of a China made fender
Chifmunk
Tell us something.: Hi, I play 5-string banjo, mountain dulcimer, bones, and am now a beginner pennywhistler. I have some Dixon, Freeman, and Susato whistles. This is obviously the most extensive forum for information in whistle learning- thanks!
I also run a banjo/mando/fiddle shirt site at https://harmonias.com/
and a mountain dulcimer social site at: fotmd.com

Post by Chifmunk »

This is the seller: http://www.treasuregurus.com/

Generation company should demand that they remove the brand name Generation from their Ebay listings, and Ebay can back that up if it comes to that.
Having FUN playin' my whistles!
http://pennywhistleclub.com/
...a new social network just for whistlers
whistlecollector

Post by whistlecollector »

It's definitely nòt a Generation. When I first saw these, I didn't think it was, but got one just to see what it actually is. At the time, I think it was something like five bucks, so no great loss. It's definitely a Cooperman(esque) whistle, rolled tin, wood block that sticks out a bit at the back. Can't tell if it's an actual Cooperman whistle or just a look alike. Not a horrible whistle, but would require a lot of voicing work to make it anything like sweet singing.

Anyway, best things to do here are to scroll down to the bottom of that listing and click "thumbs up" on that 1 star review --- let other people know that this is not a terribly high quality instrument. And then click on "report this item". Let Ebay know that there is trademark infringement going on and that the item is deceptively described.

I think several sellers are hawking these. Lather, rinse, repeat.
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373