New Kerrywhistles Site

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mickey66
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Re: New Kerrywhistles Site

Post by mickey66 »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
What is that all about?
Simply, there is history with the man on the forums.

And as far as I remember, Loren is correct in his recollection.
Mr. Gumby, I will take your advice and look into his past here if a search permits.
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

One last thought....Is Wizzywig really Phil Hardy going incognito? :really: ? I'll say one thing for all you C&F 'ers....Youall are giving Phil Hardy a lot of press with this thread.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Well this is turning into an interesting thread. I had no idea that wizz was Phil Hardy...if it is indeed him, then it is a secret no more...well, I'm off to read some old wizz posts!!
Hully
Tell us something.: Ive been 'playing' the High D whistle 18 months, want to try the Low D whistle, looking for tips. advice, guidance

Post by Hully »

whistle1000 wrote:Old wizz posts!!
:lol:
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Well I just came back from the old wizz post, I get the humour in it but never noticed as I was writing...if it is not Phil Hardy, then the wizz must be the biggest PH supporter here....I, personally, find stuff like this a little "creepy"....someone lurking around, pretending to be someone else all the while self-promoting, kinda gives me the heebee jeebees!! If indeed it is PH.
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

whistle1000 wrote:Well this is turning into an interesting thread. I had no idea that wizz was Phil Hardy...if it is indeed him, then it is a secret no more...well, I'm off to read some old wizz posts!!
I found a good one....read The V4 tour! :) Made me smile!
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Read it...yes, if it weren't a little disturbing to me, I'd find it funny....pretty odd stuff to be at...why wouldn't he just post as himself like the other great makers do!
Gym Kirk
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish music and learning the low whistle. I like how this is a very approachable forum with people of good temperament. I have had a high D whistle for some time and want to connect with others and get some advice on buying a low d

Post by Gym Kirk »

whistle1000 wrote:if it is not Phil Hardy, then the wizz must be the biggest PH supporter here.
Hahaha. Super fan!
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

mickey66 wrote:so many people buy Phil's whistles and keep them
Well, I had seven Chieftains (nine if you count the two Phil changed for me when brand new) and sold them all, plus (briefly) an Optima low E I knew was going back within five minutes of unpacking and testing.
And, how many other builders go incognito that the Mods know/don't know about?
Some others post under screen names, but all I know about in the first person when talking about their own product!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

whistle1000 wrote:Read it...yes, if it weren't a little disturbing to me, I'd find it funny....pretty odd stuff to be at...why wouldn't he just post as himself like the other great makers do!
Maybe, fear of being Tared & Feathered ?
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

If wizzywig is Phil, he's got absolutely no excuse for referring to himself in the third person as in this quote from the V4 Tour thread:
wizzywig wrote:I think that Mr Reyburn and Mr Duggan have missed the point Phil is trying to make. From what I understand from the video, he states quite clearly that
Absolutely none!
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

whistle1000 wrote:Read it...yes, if it weren't a little disturbing to me, I'd find it funny....pretty odd stuff to be at...why wouldn't he just post as himself like the other great makers do!
Well, it's uncomfortable to address, but there's a bit of ... um ... history involved here.

And which, BTW, has already been mentioned at least twice before in this thread.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

From 2012:
wizzywig wrote:I really feel that this is a forum not to be abused buy people selling, for what ever reason.
It's so boring.

You wanna sell? go on ebay.
wiz
:poke:
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

Hully wrote:
whistle1000 wrote:Old wizz posts!!
:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi