Whistle B pitched

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Whistle B pitched

Post by pancelticpiper »

Cayden wrote:I have a Sindt in B and it's a grand whistle. Wouldn't part with it.
I picked up a Sindt set, one head, and bodies for A, Bb, and B, and it played great.

I liked my FrankenGen whistles in those keys just a hair more, so I sold the Sindt set.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Steve Pribyl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steve Pribyl »

I have an excellent OZ whistle in B made by Mitch. It's not listed on his site...you would have to ask him about making one.
Alaricus
Tell us something.: I like uilleann pipes and Northumbrian smallpipes! And irish flute and tin whistles. I play tenor sax, too...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Post by Alaricus »

Thanks again to every soul!
I ended up ordering a B from Mack Hoover.
I was very fascinated by OZ whistle, but they coswt a lot and, moreover, I'd have to pay an immense sum to italian customs.

Alberto Z
Alaricus
Tell us something.: I like uilleann pipes and Northumbrian smallpipes! And irish flute and tin whistles. I play tenor sax, too...................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Post by Alaricus »

Just a final update: Mack Hoover whistle B-pitched has landed in my home today.
Absolutely one of the best whistles I ever played.
The sound is beautiful, the pitch is perfect. The amount of air is what I asked: no need to blow too weak, no need to blow too strong, but a middle blowing which the player can easily modulate to extract a lot of nuances. Reaching second octave is easy, no need to overblow, and the sound in 2nd octave is not harsh, but sweet and melodious.
On aestethical side, I love the contrast between gold body and white embouchure.
What else? Many thanks to Mike Clougherty for having suggested to try a Mack Hoover whistle, and to Mack the man himself, who was very kind in taking in charge all the specifications I asked him. It is easy to understand that this is not, for him, a simple business, but a labour of love!

Alberto Zucchi "Alaricus"
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

B is a magic key for me.

I look forward to any excuse to make one.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com