Michael Mcgoldrick's Fingering of Ridee and Paperbird

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello My name is bagend~ I am a whistle player in China. Happy to find a place like this~ Hope join u guys soon

Michael Mcgoldrick's Fingering of Ridee and Paperbird

Post by 793744267 »

Anyone knows the fingering Michael use when he played the third octave D E F in the set "Ridee and Paperbird"
I find it is so hard to learn. And there seems no live show of this tune on youtube.
AngelicBeaver
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Re: Michael Mcgoldrick's Fingering of Ridee and Paperbird

Post by AngelicBeaver »

He plays it on an A whistle, I believe, which might be why you're having trouble. Oftentimes, you can listen for the C-natural equivalent on a whistle to help figure out where a tune is located on a whistle. There's a pretty distinctive sound.

Here's a rough video I made for you on a low D whistle. It starts on the first octave B (XOO OOO).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43WPr3AEZaw

Hope this is helpful.
Nathaniel James Dowell
Tell us something.: Hello My name is bagend~ I am a whistle player in China. Happy to find a place like this~ Hope join u guys soon

Re: Michael Mcgoldrick's Fingering of Ridee and Paperbird

Post by 793744267 »

AngelicBeaver wrote:He plays it on an A whistle, I believe, which might be why you're having trouble. Oftentimes, you can listen for the C-natural equivalent on a whistle to help figure out where a tune is located on a whistle. There's a pretty distinctive sound.

Here's a rough video I made for you on a low D whistle. It starts on the first octave B (XOO OOO).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43WPr3AEZaw

Hope this is helpful.

Thank u very much! It did help me a lot.