CP: Whorfin Woods April

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

CP: Whorfin Woods April

Post by chas »

I have a new batch as well as some reprises for sale:

Whistles all $125 unless otherwise specified. The default sound is a little on the pure side of traditional. Default volume is moderate, possibly a little louder than a Gen or Clare. From left to right:

88 – tulipwood with brass. Very traditional sound, can’t ship outside the US due to new CITES restrictions on rosewoods. I made the mistake of finishing this with linseed oil, so the color is a little washed out. $100

96 – olivewood; this is the one that was on tour, extensively described by reviewers previously

97 – plum/fruit wood with brass. Nice traditional sound, a little breathy, slide needs to be pulled out kinda far (3/8”). $100

Four boxwood whistles, each with a nice clean sound, none too sweet. They have fantastic low notes.

101 -- $150
102 -- $150
103 -- $125, slide needs to be pulled out like #97
104 -- $150

105 – American Osage orange with brass. Clear, full sound.

106 – Argentine Osage orange with brass. Clear and full, a little sweeter than #105. Slide needs to be pulled out like #97; has a couple of apparent cracks (backside of the mouthpiece and near the bottom ring in the front), but at no point has either of these gone through the wood or leaked; I’m a bit baffled by them. $75

107 – Bloodwood with aluminum. Traditional sound, nice balance.

111 – Bolivian rosewood with aluminum

112 – tambooti with brass – very strong lower end

113 – goncalo alves with aluminum – not as clear as some in the upper register, very woody

114 – kingwood with brass (no shipping outside US) – a little more powerful and purer than the others, you can really lean into this one.

115 – tulipwood with aluminum (no shipping outside US) – quieter and purer in sound than the others, requires some breath control

Please contact me using the email button.

Cheers, Charlie

[Edited for short attention span.]
Last edited by chas on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Gym Kirk
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish music and learning the low whistle. I like how this is a very approachable forum with people of good temperament. I have had a high D whistle for some time and want to connect with others and get some advice on buying a low d

Re: CP: Whorfin Woods April

Post by Gym Kirk »

This deserves a bump. Beautiful whistles!
Mike Clougherty
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, what can I say, I love whistling and the culture that surrounds it. I've been reading this forum for about a year, which is the same time that I've been playing the whistle, though I've been exposed to ITM for most of my life. With a name like Michael Patrick Clougherty who could've guessed? Haha. Anyway, I love this forum and the people that populate it, and I look forward to participating!

Post by Mike Clougherty »

Which whistle is on the far right in the photo? The last whistle on the list says its fitted with brass, but the photo shows aluminum on the last whistle, so I'm curious as to which number it is? It's wood grain is absolutely incredible!
Also, which one is 115 in the photo?
P.s. Beautiful whistles!!
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Oops! The whistle on the right is #115, tulipwood with aluminum; now corrected in the listing. Thanks for pointing it out.

You're right, it's a spectacular piece of wood.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.