Toby Shaer and Kerry Optima

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
wizzywig

Toby Shaer and Kerry Optima

Post by wizzywig »

mickey66
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Re: Toby Shaer and Kerry Optima

Post by mickey66 »

He is great player! Optima low D sounds great too! :) Silver Head A+ I like that!
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

I wish they made the Optima in low G!
mickey66
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Post by mickey66 »

I think, I saw a Video saying it's coming to Kerrywhistles sometime this year..... Optima line of whistles, I believe????
Mr.Nate
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mr.Nate »

Just an observation ....In the video it looked more like he was playing a V4 not an Optima. There is no mention of a silver head Optima on the Kerry whistles web site.
Whistling in the Rockies!!
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

Mr.Nate wrote:Just an observation ....In the video it looked more like he was playing a V4 not an Optima. There is no mention of a silver head Optima on the Kerry whistles web site.
Mr.Nate, He is playing an Optima Low D w/silver head-shell. Phil, won't have his new colors page up until sometime this month(April). In which, you will have a choice of colors when you hit the Checkout button. He sent me an email stating this info. Also, on youtube Phil states Toby is playing an Optima Low D w/silver head-shell. Hope this add's clarity. Mickey PS: From YouTube Video.... "Optima D Toby Shaer
I am totally delighted that one of the new shinning lights in the whistle world, Toby Shaer is happy to play a Kerry Optima as an introduction low D whistle ..." ~ Phil Hardy Video of Optima Low D w/silver head-shell.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhGgtm36_94
Gym Kirk
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish music and learning the low whistle. I like how this is a very approachable forum with people of good temperament. I have had a high D whistle for some time and want to connect with others and get some advice on buying a low d

Post by Gym Kirk »

Mr.Nate wrote:Just an observation ....In the video it looked more like he was playing a V4 not an Optima. There is no mention of a silver head Optima on the Kerry whistles web site.
The silver head Optima will become the new standard according to Phil. Here is a video showcasing some of the new upcoming colors. https://youtu.be/ellAY8TmFNY
Mr.Nate

Post by Mr.Nate »

Get a grip. There is no such thing as a silver headed Optima! Red, orange, smoke or whatever color but not silver.
Gym Kirk
Tell us something.: I am interested in Irish music and learning the low whistle. I like how this is a very approachable forum with people of good temperament. I have had a high D whistle for some time and want to connect with others and get some advice on buying a low d

Post by Gym Kirk »

Mr.Nate wrote:Get a grip. There is no such thing as a silver headed Optima! Red, orange, smoke or whatever color but not silver.
What do you think he's trying to pull a fast one on us? Seriously, Phil labeled it as an Optima and it is one. I'm sure he has lots of whistles in his office that aren't on his website, but will be in the near future. My last post linked the wrong video. That's what I get for being in a hurry. Here is the same color whistle as Toby is playing https://youtu.be/GhGgtm36_94 If you watched Toby's video you will notice it starts without color and the post processing has blown the highlights. It does make it look metal. As the color comes in it is noticeable that he is playing an Optima.
Mr.Nate

Post by Mr.Nate »

Poser
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

Mr.Nate wrote:Get a grip. There is no such thing as a silver headed Optima! Red, orange, smoke or whatever color but not silver.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2229480589/ Phil HardyChiff & Fipple
20 hours ago
Optima Low D
£49
Kerry Optima Low D Colours. Left to Right Black, Red, Silver.Clear Smoke, Turquoise, Opaque Sparkle.
Tor

Post by Tor »

kerrywhistles.com, optima fixed low D:
"Available in Black, Red, Silver Grey, Turquiose, Opaque Sparkle, Clear Smoke."
mickey66

Post by mickey66 »

Tor wrote:kerrywhistles.com, optima fixed low D:
"Available in Black, Red, Silver Grey, Turquiose, Opaque Sparkle, Clear Smoke."
Thank You! :)