SYN Whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brad.cecs
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have inquiries about the nature and sound design of whistles, and theyre makers. Since there is some debate on the tonality and pitch of instruments, its interesting to hear what people have to say

SYN Whistles

Post by brad.cecs »

I have a few Syn Whistles I just got from a distributor here in the USA. I must say the whistles are gorgeous and well made, but for what I paid I have a few questions.

Why is there remnants of buffing compound on the windway and the holes on the main body...and the pipe gets backed up with condensation easily and fails to speak. Im sure this is a rarity among Erles instruments. Anyone else have this pop up?

Also, one headjoint for 4 pipes seems a bit unbalanced. My Eb whistle responds differently than the others, I feel a smaller mouthpiece might be in order, in a set of 4 having 2 pipes paired? I build brass instruments, and it seems to reason based on my experiences to do this. But Erle is a master in his own right and the whistles sound amazing!
awildman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: SYN Whistles

Post by awildman »

Compromises have to be made when you design a set that uses one size of tubing from A whistle all the way up to E. Less mouthpieces = cheaper. You can always order more mouthpieces if necessary.