Got a Generation brass Bb

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mickey66
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a Professional Musician in Phx, Az. Lived in Calif(Hollywood) for about 10 years(1970's) working in the studios and on the road with stars of the day. Started to follow my roots which took me back to the old country and the Irish Tin Whistle. I wound up here on C&F forum!

Re: Got a Generation brass Bb

Post by mickey66 »

mickey66 wrote:
Pfreddee wrote:"I just got it in the mail from The Whistle Shop. I like the tone; I'm having to adjust my technique (such as it is) for playing it, as it takes a different approach from the D and C Clarke Originals. There are some faults in the intonation and some of the notes are wonky as I play, but I think I will eventually adjust to the whistle and get better at it. It's untweaked, and I want to keep playing it that way until I get the hang of of it, before I meddle with the instrument."

Any thoughts?

Thank you to all who reply.

With best regards,

Pfreddee(Stephen)
Tweak it or no? That 's up to you! Some say no, some say yes.....Mine is a Jerry Freeman Tweaked Bb and it's a really good whistle. I gave away a stock Gen Bb which was a really good whistle! I rate this decision a toss-up? The Generation Bb is probably the best whistle Gen currently makes. JMOP I will give ya an easy to-do tip that will fix a lot of intonation problems(not all but most)buy some 0000 steel wool then, polish the heck out of the Brass tube! I have fixed wonky notes on a few whistles by doing this simple step. Most cheap whistles have no finish work done to them at all. Hope this helps, M