O'Riordan whistle for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
whistle1000

O'Riordan whistle for sale

Post by whistle1000 »

Thought some fellow chiffers may be interested in a post over on the Facebook low whistle page...Someone was gifted a whistle made by Pat and has it for sale at a firm $400 US...Good price for such a whistle....It will be snapped up fairly quickly I'd imagine...I'm not clever enough to post a link.
Tommy
antispam: No

Re: O'Riordan whistle for sale

Post by Tommy »

whistle1000 wrote:I'm not clever enough to post a link.
No problem, :thumbsup: I can't afford to look at it. :lol:
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
dianaofthedunes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a novice whistle-player and looking to learn more, especially (at the moment) about different whistles.

Post by dianaofthedunes »

I'm guessing it's long gone... But how do you join the group? I put in a request 4 days ago, and nobody approved it. :/
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Yeah, I messaged him to see how he was making out with the sale....he sold it that day and said he had many replies...I'm not surprised...I just requested to join...I'm not sure how long I had to wait though.
dianaofthedunes
Tell us something.: I'm a novice whistle-player and looking to learn more, especially (at the moment) about different whistles.

I've still never made it into the group. :-?

On a side note... The guy who bought it seems to be reselling it on eBay. For $800.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Yes, I snapped it up!
Since my Birthday is Saturday, I thought I would give myself a gift...
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

dianaofthedunes wrote:I've still never made it into the group. :-?

On a side note... The guy who bought it seems to be reselling it on eBay. For $800.
No, must be a different one, I plan on keeping it... :party:
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
dianaofthedunes

Glad to hear it! I'm all for catching a good deal and reselling for a profit, but there's a point where it just seems more like gouging. Although I can't say I might not be willing to pay an exorbitant price for a rare whistle, if the timing were right... :)
Doogie

Post by Doogie »

The eBay one is a Low D.
Cheers, Seth Hamon
http://Hamonbagpipes.com
dianaofthedunes

My mistake... Since the other was posted on the low Whistle page, I had assumed it was a low D. I never did get approved for membership so I hadn't seen the for sale post. O'Riordans are so rarely for sale, I thought someone was trying to "flip" it and turn a hefty profit.