FS - Sindt high D, not the norm - SOLD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
yvie
antispam: No

FS - Sindt high D, not the norm - SOLD

Post by yvie »

Hello chiffers, now sold

been a while since i've been on, new interest ( VIOLIN ) a labour of love...... I have had a good clear out of bits and pieces, and have found a Sindt high
D, that I bought maybe 10 or 12 years ago, it came with two tubes, an original Sindt in brass with the two tuning lines at the top, weird thing is the bottom end has a bell type flare to it, and has some oober smooth tool marks in the lower back, not dents just dips in the metal impossible to photograph but can be felt very slightly when you run your hand over them, the second is a brass tube very similar but with no tuning lines, and slightly lighter.

the weirdness continues, having looked at other Sindt pictures the delrin on this one finishes differently it has a groove between the brass and the delrin part,
the delrin is also more reminiscent of O'riordans delrin head joints, not in design but more in the smooth edges, I had a couple Pats whistle back in the day and always thought his Delrin heads seem softer than Johns, take a look at the pics see what you think, it's up for sale either way.

could be a prototype or just a whistle that's been reworked, if memory serves, I bought it from a chap in Lancashire, and he had it a few years
I bought it on a whim, as it played so nicely, but then put it away and didn't get into whistle until 2012, it has JS scratched on the back of the headpiece

also up for sale
Susato D, fipple block is not plastic, looks like some sort of wood, a really old oak, a Wallis D, fipple plug looks like Lead/pewter, nasty.... and a high F
really old brass, block looks to be wood replacement.

if anyone has info on the Sindt, would be great to know the story, open to any sensible offer separately or the whole lot, I live in the United Kingdom, so if your interested PM me and I can do a postage check for your location, Europe should be quite cheap, 10 euros or so.

cheers Yvie

image hosting over 10mb
Last edited by yvie on Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS - Sindt high D, not the norm

Post by brewerpaul »

That is odd indeed. Did you buy that from John Sindt? Does it have any identifying marks? If it's a fake, it's a really pretty one!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
yvie

Post by yvie »

Hi,

I purchased it from a chap in Lancashire UK, it was a small arts and craft festival/fair about 12 tears ago, the only reason I remember is I bought a
set of landscape prints dated 2005 from the same fair, it has a faint JS on the back of the headpiece near the point were delrin meets brass, the chap
I bought it off was selling panpipes and other ethnic blown instruments, he had a load of used whistles as well, I also bought an O'riordan D from him
in pretty bad shape, the head was fine, but the black anodised tube had worn back to base metal all around the finger holes, that's as much as I know,
so I would say it's Johns, just not sure if it's been re-modelled or a prototype, plays beautifully, but the delrin certainly feels like that of the O'riordan,
which seems softer, still hard but not as dense, my husband had a Sindt C a few years back, and I remember the delrin feeling very hard and dense.

Yvie :)
yvie

Re: FS - Sindt high D, not the norm - SOLD

Post by yvie »

Hi,

all sold now, apart from the Susato

yvie
de Salier
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I do indeed love whistles, mostly the ones with six holes. And this forum is all about them, small ones, big ones, normal ones, strange ones...

Post by de Salier »

brewerpaul wrote:That is odd indeed. Did you buy that from John Sindt? Does it have any identifying marks? If it's a fake, it's a really pretty one!
Just received an email respnse from John Sindt himself
Hello Erwin, I believe it’s a whistle of mine that has been modified. Who ever did it did a nice job.
John
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield