Whistle key in The Dance of The Gypsy Queen?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Hooleh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A whistler and a beginner Uilleann piper from Scandinavia. Maybe some day a piper during this life time.

Whistle key in The Dance of The Gypsy Queen?

Post by Hooleh »

Hi folks!

A day or two ago I was browsing the board for people's favourite laments and slow airs, and I came across this amazing tune on Eoin Duignan's album 'Coumineol' called 'The Dance of the Gypsy Queen'. I was just wondering in which key his whistle is in that song. Seems like it's not a D whistle, or if it is, my low D is awfully out of tune in comparison.
My hunch is that it's either a low C or low B perhaps? Or could it be G?

I could figure it out by listening more of it and picking out the tune on my own whistle, but thoght to post here for the sake of conversation.
Moreover, if any of you have maybe recorded yourselves playing the tune and maybe uploaded somewhere, would be awesome to hear your interpretations of the tune!
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Whistle key in The Dance of The Gypsy Queen?

Post by kkrell »

According to a comment on thesession.org, the tune is in Gmaj.
https://thesession.org/tunes/13365