Hiya Everyone!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
trinityx
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am learning the whistle. slowly. very. slowly. :) I have a tweaked one, and it sounds great. I hope to get my lazy backside in gear and jump into learning more. I have always loved Irish music so, for me, that's the plan. I also want to learn fiddle. It's in my bucket list along with building a computer. Since I have the 'puter parts sitting here, I can cross that particular one off. I hope to do the next one (that whole musical learnin' thing) asap :) I used to play the fife, and we did some Irish tunes, but lols, not enough of them for my liking :)

Hiya Everyone!

Post by trinityx »

Hi Everyone!

I have been a lurker for a very very long time, and I finally registered :) Finally :) I am learning the tin whistle. Have been for about a year or so if you squish all the on and off time together. I used to play the fife some time ago and found it was fun, but not my old feet don't really like the idea of parades much anymore.
Am addicted to Irish trad music. Just sayin'....

I found the forum when I was trying to decide which instrument to learn. I am also signed up for nooob level fiddle lessons this month...
I'm a libra and can't totally decide, but well yeah...

Have a great day!

Suzanne, a/k/a Trin a/k/a call me anything you like but don't call me late for dinner!
awildman

Re: Hiya Everyone!

Post by awildman »

Welcome! If you're ever in the Vancouver, Washington area, hit me up for some tunes!
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Hello and welcome to the whistle forum. Enjoy your whistling!
Chifmunk
Tell us something.: Hi, I play 5-string banjo, mountain dulcimer, bones, and am now a beginner pennywhistler. I have some Dixon, Freeman, and Susato whistles. This is obviously the most extensive forum for information in whistle learning- thanks!
I also run a banjo/mando/fiddle shirt site at https://harmonias.com/
and a mountain dulcimer social site at: fotmd.com

Post by Chifmunk »

Yay!- nothing so exciting as trying to learn a new instrument i say. Enjoy your fiddle lessons and your whistling! This is a great place to get help and encouragement. :thumbsup:
Having FUN playin' my whistles!
http://pennywhistleclub.com/
...a new social network just for whistlers
jiminos
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by jiminos »

awildman wrote:Welcome! If you're ever in the Vancouver, Washington area, hit me up for some tunes!
I've been wonder in' where the hell you are in WA. I'm up in Shelton.
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
awildman

Post by awildman »

jiminos wrote:
awildman wrote:Welcome! If you're ever in the Vancouver, Washington area, hit me up for some tunes!
I've been wonder in' where the hell you are in WA. I'm up in Shelton.
Yeah. It would probably be better to say Portland, OR, but I'm much more of a suburbanite than a hipster.