Whistle music with tablature, music notation, and playback

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
markbell
antispam: No

Whistle music with tablature, music notation, and playback

Post by markbell »

I wanted to let everyone know that David Bruce at 8notes.com has started re-working and posting most of my old whistle sheet music on his website.

https://www.8notes.com/tin_whistle/all/ (The first three tunes, dated 2010, don't have tablature.)

Particularly for new learners, I think this provides a great resource, and their presentation accomplishes what I wished I could have when I originally arranged and posted the tunes. You can see the sheet music with tablature, and with playback the current measure is highlighted (sometimes the highlighting gets a measure behind). You can also slow down or speed up the playback. I had originally put the music together with Noteworthy Composer, but David and his folks have done great work now with Sibelius (I think).

8notes.com also has an extensive collection of sheet music for other instruments, in many genres, which I am using to torture my fingertips on mandolin.

Mark
sibilo ergo sum