FS: Alba Low A Bass Whistle - Tunable - SOLD

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
projektio28
antispam: No

FS: Alba Low A Bass Whistle - Tunable - SOLD

Post by projektio28 »

Hey everyone,

Well, I made a major bonehead mistake last month. :tomato: I meant to order an Alba tunable A whistle in the alto range and ended up with the bass tunable version instead. This whistle is quite literally brand new and unplayed. I didn't even bother playing it once I unwrapped it and saw it was the wrong size. I need the whistle for a recording project and I don't want to waste time trying to communicate a return with an overseas company, especially considering this was my own dumb fault.

Brand new, these whistles go for roughly $188 USD with current exchange rates and that does not include shipping from Scotland.

I will part with this whistle for $138 USD and I'll even pick up the shipping cost to the lower 48 states. Shipping to AK, HI or the rest of the world will be on you to cover shipping charges. Priced for a quick sale and my loss is definitely your gain - Ho ho ho! :D

I live halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego so I'm pretty much willing to drive anywhere in So Cal if you are a local and want to meet somewhere - but only if you are seriously interested.

If you have any questions please ask!

Matt
Last edited by projektio28 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
pancelticpiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: FS: Alba Low A Bass Whistle - Tunable

Post by pancelticpiper »

I'm likewise halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego and I'm very interesting in getting together and seeing that whistle.

I'd love to buy it, if it plays well. I've always wanted a big bass like that.

I'm in Tustin. You wouldn't need to ship it. I'll drive to you, no prob.

I have to work today but I'm free later this afternoon, and anytime tomorrow.

Thanks!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
projektio28

Re: FS: Alba Low A Bass Whistle - Tunable - SOLD

Post by projektio28 »

SOLD
"The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I'm the happy new owner of this whistle. Thank you so much!

I posted a review. In short, the whistle plays great.
Richard Cook
Goldie Low D whistle
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

pancelticpiper wrote:I'm the happy new owner of this whistle. Thank you so much!

I posted a review. In short, the whistle plays great.
I have one. I agree with you - they're great. :thumbsup:
pancelticpiper

Post by pancelticpiper »

Ben do you have any of the other low Albas, the Bass Bb, the Low C, the Low D?

I'd be interested in hearing about them, because I'm strongly considering buying a couple more low Albas.

I've never played, never held, a whistle as low as that Bass A. I was imagining crazy finger-stretches, learning new strange hand positions, and so on. I never thought I could just pick it up and play it like a Low D, pretty much.
Richard Cook
Goldie Low D whistle
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

pancelticpiper wrote:Ben do you have any of the other low Albas, the Bass Bb, the Low C, the Low D?

I'd be interested in hearing about them, because I'm strongly considering buying a couple more low Albas.

I've never played, never held, a whistle as low as that Bass A. I was imagining crazy finger-stretches, learning new strange hand positions, and so on. I never thought I could just pick it up and play it like a Low D, pretty much.
No, in fact that's the only Alba whistle I own. I got it either from here or from eBay. It's an amazing whistle. And yes, it's perfectly playable. One's hands and fingers do get a bit sore after a while though. Or at least, I find that to be the case.

I'd love to have a bass Bb Alba. Maybe is Santa doesn't come through with one ... :)