A new member from BARCELONA

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Woodybcn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a professional jazz musician (trombone and clarinet). During a short travel to Killarney I bought a Dixon Trad D whistle and now, of course, I wish to learn how it works (Oct 2016)

A new member from BARCELONA

Post by Woodybcn »

Hi all,
Well, I'm really new on this forum as well as in Irish music, in spite of it, I wish to learn how to play so nice music.
Recently I visit Killarney for work, I boght a Trad Nickel Soprano D Whistle from DIXON. When I came back to Barcelona I realized that Killarney has its own whistle!! Finally I bought the KILLARNEY WHISTLE! What a beautiful sound, really sharp, isnt'it? Maybe a little weak in the low register (well, I need to invest more hours of playing before giving an opinion!! :D )
Well, just a message to say HELLO EVERYBODY!

WoodyBCN
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: A new member from BARCELONA

Post by ytliek »

Welcome to the whistle forum. There is a lot of good learning information throughout the threads. I'm not going to say go search, however, if you look through the recent threads on the page there are other new members as well and there are suggestions for getting into it. Here is a good start.
viewtopic.php?p=1181697#p1181697

Keep it fun, and enjoy your whistling.
jiminos
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: A new member from BARCELONA

Post by jiminos »

Bienvenidos!
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.