Oh, crap, crap, crap!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
AnnaDMartinez
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Oh, crap, crap, crap!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Some of my whistles didn't make it back, and I'm squealing and squawking like a demented loon! My Mack Hoover narrow bore is all messed up, the fipple is bent and the delrin is shoved under the sound hole. The fipple on my O'Brien is cracked...the Overton made it OK, takes a lot of breath I don't have, yet... the Tully made it OK, too, needs a shine, tho...O K, so time to get some repairs done, and I'm not gonna DIMyself! Dang, that O'Brien was my favorite! :swear:
Latticino

Re: Oh, crap, crap, crap!

Post by Latticino »

Very sorry to hear of your predicament, but you didn't hand carry your favorite instruments? I don't trust anyone else with mine.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Steven Wright

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
Baron Munchausen
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

I should have (love this hindsight sh*t) hand carried them, but had a helper packing stuff and the whistles in their container were packed...It was a tough moved back to South Dakota, looks like I'll just have to suck it up and get my wind back with what I got! :sniffle:
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Bummer! I feel your pain.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

pancelticpiper wrote:Bummer! I feel your pain.
Thanks, dude!
ickabod

Post by ickabod »

AnnaDMartinez wrote:Some of my whistles didn't make it back, and I'm squealing and squawking like a demented loon! My Mack Hoover narrow bore is all messed up, the fipple is bent and the delrin is shoved under the sound hole. The fipple on my O'Brien is cracked...the Overton made it OK, takes a lot of breath I don't have, yet... the Tully made it OK, too, needs a shine, tho...O K, so time to get some repairs done, and I'm not gonna DIMyself! Dang, that O'Brien was my favorite! :swear:
I believe O’Brien is a member here. He may be able to fix your favorite whistle. A quick message to him might suit you well. Best of luck to you.
Whistling... It's going to be HUUGE!!
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Good luck putting your whistles back together, and in the future, I'll bet you won't entrust them to anyone else ever again. I certainly wouldn't. Moving can be really tough.
http://www.LaurelEmrys.com
FUSIONIX: world peace jazz fusion band
"Local sounds from out there"
AnnaDMartinez

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Emrys wrote:Good luck putting your whistles back together, and in the future, I'll bet you won't entrust them to anyone else ever again. I certainly wouldn't. Moving can be really tough.

Don't worry, never again! Moving and/or whistle bashing! Bust at least I escaped from FloriDUH!