Finbar Furey - "The Lonesome Boatman", "low whistlcirca 1982

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Finbar Furey - "The Lonesome Boatman", "low whistlcirca 1982

Post by kenny »

I managed to rescue a clip from a VHS tape of Finbar Furey playing his "Lonesome Boatman" on a "low" whistle in or around 1982.
Here's the link to the clip - should be of some interest, both musical and historical :

https://youtu.be/oRZMtFAItgA
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Finbar Furey - "The Lonesome Boatman", "low whistlcirca

Post by ytliek »

Nice video!
nicx66
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I have been playing whistle for 3 years. I made my first whistle 2 years ago and my first tin whistle last year in a tinsmithing class.

Post by nicx66 »

Thanks for the post! I enjoy watching different versions of Finbars tunes and songs as he changes it up quite a bit, always creating new and interesting music. Such a fantastic performer.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

I came across a 3-track "single" release of Finbar playing "The Lonesome Boatman" on iTunes - 3 versions, "classic", "vocal", and "club-mix" [ honest ! ]. I bought it out of curiousity, but my advice would be don't bother. The video clip is by far better.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"