The cheapest whistle mic (and cheapest mulieffect as well)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Italian Rover
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

The cheapest whistle mic (and cheapest mulieffect as well)

Post by Italian Rover »

hi folks, as usual sorry for my bad english (thanks God i'm italian).
I was looking for a cheap microphone, to make some experiment.
I already own a Zoom G1X and a WONDERFUL tube amp made by an italian guy. (i play badly the electric mandolin)
Recently i purchased this stuff:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shi ... 4.9.4vpKyN

Well, all i can say is "wow". I made a rudimental gooseneck mount and -after few tests- i can say that this cheap thing do its work without issues or strange noises.
The sound is a little bit cold but the multieffect helps to reach a more than decent sound.
Actually i am testing some presets from "clean" to "very elaborate" and is pure fun: the G1X is full of reverbs, delays and other effects from traditional to weird.
I'll post some sound samples when i'll fix my soundcard, maybe will be interesting for someone.
-It is all settled beneath the chatter and the noise. The silence and the feeling. The excitement and fear. The sparse, erratic flashes of beauty. And then the wretched squalor and the miserable man. All buried by the blanket of the embarrassment of being in the world.- (Jep Gambardella)
Emrys

Re: The cheapest whistle mic (and cheapest mulieffect as we

Post by Emrys »

This is so interesting, because I have found it very difficult to get a good tone when I record (the whistle). I use expensive mics too.
http://www.LaurelEmrys.com
FUSIONIX: world peace jazz fusion band
"Local sounds from out there"
480jmorgan
Tell us something.: Whistle player all my life, play in a band called the molly Maguires based in South down. Make whistles too..........................................................................................................................................

Re: The cheapest whistle mic (and cheapest mulieffect as we

Post by 480jmorgan »

I use a shure sm58 for both gigging and recording. It's fantastic