contact info for Feadoggie

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
whistle1000

contact info for Feadoggie

Post by whistle1000 »

I notice that our friend Feadoggie has been inactive for awhile....just wondering if anyone knows how to contat him...I would really like to see my Water Weasel set again...he was kind enough to take on the challenge of re-fitting a different head for a D,C, Eb set...a friend lost the original head...I bought another WW and sent them to him and he apparently got it sorted and I was delighted to hear that...that was more than 2 years ago!! I'm not really venting or anything just explaining my reasons to want to contact him... I'm sure Mr. Feadoogie is a stand-uo guy but I am very curious as to his absence here and to what happened to my WW set. Mr. Feadoggie, if you are "lurking" and not posting, pleae contact me...I sure hope all is well with him, I've enjoyed his posts over the years...he used to post quite frequently but now seems to havr "disappeared".
whistle1000

Re: contact info for Feadoggie

Post by whistle1000 »

Still hoping to see my Water Weasel set again. Thought I would write here again seeing if Feadoggie may get a chance to read it. I noticed a new member feadog80 and it reminded me of feadoggie, sounds similar to feadog80. If this is the former feadoggie, please contact me regarding my set that I sent to you in good faith. If not, welcome to the forum! If anyone has been in contact with the former feadoggie, could you please relay the message to him. Thanks. It really sucks having had this happen. Esp. from a long time poster! I live in hope of one day getting back this set!
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Over the years - and in person, when my band performed at festivals where Feadoggie sold his wares - I developed a long distance friendship with Feadoggie. Totally a straight up guy. He sent me prototypes of some of his whistles to 'critique' for him, one of which is on the shelf in back of me, as I write... My daughter played a high D prototype, when she performed with us, during her high school years. I remember the incredibly clever PMs that Feadoggie sent me, so often. We often discussed the moral and practical issues that ensue, when makers knock-off others' work. Sometimes, rather egregiously... He is wise, and very practical.

My last PM from him was on October 29, 2015. He was himself, in all ways - clever, as usual. Your time frame for your WW project goes back quite a number of years, and I know also, that you posted in late August of 2016, concerning the fact that communication had ceased. And here you are again, today. I wish I could help more.

I checked my PM outbox. A message dated October 29, 2016 remains there. I remember that by accident, I used his actual first name in a public post, a long time ago. Feadoggie was not pleased. Heh. Heh. I do not know how regulations work, but his actual name may be known by the board moderators, and they may be able to divulge it to you privately, under the circumstances. Maybe not, but possibly worth a try.

I fear he may not be able to respond.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
puipui
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am playing whistles since 3 years ago but still at a beginner level. I especially like the tone produced by whistles of key of Bb.

Post by puipui »

whistle1000,
Why don’t you just send a snail-mail to the address where you sent your whistles? :-?
In that mail, you may ask how he is doing and explain your concern on your whistles.
His family may read it and respond to it, in case he cannot.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Thanks for your reply Byll. I've always thought feadoggie to be a stand-up guy. Still do. He seems to have disappeared. I know he was getting up there in age so I fear he may be ill or something. I never once thought that he stole my whistles. I hope all is well with him.

@puipui. You know, I never once thought about doing that and that is an excellent idea! Can't believe the thought never crossed my mind. :lol: I will do that and hopefully get some info on the "mystery". I actually have his name and address. I'll share what info, if any, I get. Thanks for the idea!
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Please do let us know as he was so helpful to so many Chiffers in so many ways.