why so many old posts are missing!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Sharley
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am now learning Tin whistle by myself, I know this is the best place to get useful information about tin whistle.

why so many old posts are missing!

Post by Sharley »

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this forum, and I am now learning whistle by myself.
Recently, When I search the keyword "generation", there are only 2 pages of posts, but there were more than 20 pages of posts when I search the same keyword two monthes ago.
Just very confused why so many posts are missing?
Did you have the same problem? Or just myself?
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: why so many old posts are missing!

Post by ytliek »

You may have to try more specific key words for searching... generation is wide wide open in possibilities.

Welcome to the whistle forum.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Probably C&F Search is broken, or problems with the index.

Try Google (2,810 results for me)

https://www.google.com/#q=site%3Aforums ... generation
Sharley
Tell us something.: I am now learning Tin whistle by myself, I know this is the best place to get useful information about tin whistle.

Post by Sharley »

By the way, there were many links to various brands of whistles when I entered the website two months ago, I could read lots of detailed information about certain whistles and interviews with some well known whistle makers and players, but I also couldn't find them now, that's so weird and upsetting. :-?

I just very curious about the first Ireland made whistle "feadan", hope someone could offer me related links, cause I couldn't find any useful information at this forum.

best wishes to you!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We do indeed seem to be having a Search issue. I tried "chiff" broad-spectrum and only got two hits, which, on a site like this, is pretty darned unthinkable. My last post in the UP Forum makes 3 for "chiff", and this one: probably #4. It's like the past has been wiped out. We'll be getting to the bottom of this.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Sharley

Post by Sharley »

Nanohedron wrote:We do indeed seem to be having a Search issue. I tried "chiff" broad-spectrum and only got two hits, which, on a site like this, is pretty darned unthinkable. My last post in the UP Forum makes 3 for "chiff", and this one: probably #4. It's like the past has been wiped out. We'll be getting to the bottom of this.
that's exactly what I think!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

It seems to be keyword search only. A search by author "kkrell" finds my current 3,332 posts, and the older ones seem able to be accessed. The preview text, link and actual message all seem to be present. I can search by author "kkrell" with keyword "cork" and get no matches (probably 1 now). Looks to me like the keyword index got trashed, maybe earlier this month. If I were a moderator, I'd see if there is a site utility that can rebuild indexes.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I just very curious about the first Ireland made whistle "feadan", hope someone could offer me related links, cause I couldn't find any useful information at this forum.
You may try looking through Pat Sky's posts, he posted the story of how he set up Feadan on the forums. Several times, actually, if I remember correctly.
My brain hurts

Sharley

Post by Sharley »

Mr.Gumby wrote:
You may try looking through Pat Sky's posts, he posted the story of how he set up Feadan on the forums. Several times, actually, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for your advise!
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Search does manage to bring up the posts I referred to, when searching for both author and keyword. And he did make the same post twice, about three years apart, as I remembered:

The 'true' story of the Feadan, 2005

The 'true' story of the Feadan, 2008
My brain hurts

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Search actually was down. It's fixed now. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »