Shipping rosewood whistle from us to eu

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
BelgianWaffle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Shipping rosewood whistle from us to eu

Post by BelgianWaffle »

Hi,
I recently read something about trade in rosewood instruments being restricted. If someone wanted to send me a rosewood whistle (Ralph Sweet) from the USA to Belgium how would that work ?
Thanks for your input.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Shipping rosewood whistle from us to eu

Post by kkrell »

If new from the maker, they need it covered under their CITES license.

From individuals, the whistle will need a $75 single-use export license. You may still have import restrictions or fees for Belgium.

Info on this thread:
"There might be issues when a client wants to sell an instrument made from African Blackwood to someone out of the country. As long as the instrument contains less than 10 kg of blackwood (22 pounds!) there is no restriction or permit required for them to take any instrument with CITES II wood across an international border as a personal item. However, in the case where they’re mailing it as an eBay sale or mailed gift, a permit is required and they have to apply for a $75 single use permit using the same https://www.fws.gov/forms/3-200-32.pdf permit form that we use to get the master permit.

They would have to provide proof that the instrument is pre-CITES or made from CITES approved sources."

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=103987&hilit=CITES

I don't think international sales are going to be going on except for valuable instruments.