Newest newbie!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
s1m0n
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Newest newbie!

Post by s1m0n »

hellwyr wrote:And of course I can't afford to buy a better quality whistle in this moment, I'll have to do with the Waltons and a Clarke Original C whistle I bought just recently, but I hope to get something better for my next birthday.
Don't let this put you off. For the majority of the irish tin whistle tradition, these were as good as whistles got. The 'fancy whistle' era in ITM is very young. All the source musicians and the first generation or so of folk revival musicians played factory whistles just like yours, and a great many pros still do.

You can search "tweaking" on this site to learn a few things you can do to improve an ordinary whistle, but don't think for a moment that you need to spend hundreds to sound any good. It's playing that makes you sound better, not spending.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis