CP:Out from the shadows he comes...with a batch of whistles!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ericgrey
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: CP:Out from the shadows he comes...with a batch of whistles!

Post by ericgrey »

Absolutely stunning whistles.
What kind of finish is on the lighter colored /softer woods to protect from finger marks/Guinness stains etc.LOL
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Re: CP:Out from the shadows he comes...with a batch of whist

Post by alespa »

My first post in years ... but feel the call of the whistle ...

I went through a bunch of whistles back during 2004/05 ... and like many newbies, looking for the best balance between a whistle that feels good in your hands and sounds nice, I landed on a D/C set of Blackwoods from David and have never regretted that decision.

In full transparency, I have not played my whistles consistently, but have always made a point of following his maintenance tips during the years I used them. They have sat now for a number of years, and here we are about 11 years after they were made, with no splits, cracks or other issues some people worry about with wood.

The interesting thing to me is we have moved from the wet climate of Seattle to the dry climate of Bend, and I haven't noted any problems. So as far as I'm concerned these are great whistles. Thanks David!!
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.