Northeast Whistle gathering? (renamed)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Charlene and I will unfortunately be unable to make the gathering :(

An unavoidable family thing has come up on that date. It's a nice event, but I sure wish it was another time! Hope everyone has a great time, and posts pictures.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Lyn D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lyn D »

Oh no! And I was so happy that Charlene was coming so I wouldn't be the only girl. :cry: There's GOT to be another girl out there that can come to the Gathering! C'mon girls, gather 'round!

Lyn
Tom Dowling
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

SemiBump.

Less than two weeks away...

Any more takers?

Tom D.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Gaahh! Out of touch and out of luck...I'll be out of town that day, darn it! This seems to happen every year, which may be good, since I haven't played my whistle in QUITE a while! I'm sure it will be fun.

Robin
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

What gets me is that I'll be back there but a week later in Cape Cod, as well as mid-state NY (New Paltz). I almost could have annoyed you all Coast-to-Coast!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Lyn D

Post by Lyn D »

Hi folks,

Well, the NEWG is just 5 days away! I'm looking forward to it.

What time will it start and end?

So, we bring: our instruments, each person brings his/her own food and drink for the day, BUG SPRAY! Is this right? Is there anything else we first timers need to know about or bring?

Regards,
Lyn
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Lyn D wrote:Hi folks,

Well, the NEWG is just 5 days away! I'm looking forward to it.

What time will it start and end?

So, we bring: our instruments, each person brings his/her own food and drink for the day, BUG SPRAY! Is this right? Is there anything else we first timers need to know about or bring?

Regards,
Lyn
A bathing suit, or other clothes that you don't mind wetting. There's a wonderful creek for swimming right adjacent to the Sweet's property.
Got wood?
RamblDoc

N.E.W.G. Announcement of Hours

Post by RamblDoc »

[ NOTICE: THIS IS A DUPLICATE POSTING OF THE Announcement of Hours ALREADY MADE ON THE NORTH EAST WHISTLE GATHERING TOPIC ON THE WHISTLE FORUM ]

Attention: All attenders of NEWG 2007

DATE:-----July 29th

Visiting Hours for Sunday's Gathering:

OPEN FOR ARRIVALS: anytime after 11:00 a.m.

CLOSING: early Evening

PLACE: 32 S.Maple Street, Hazardville, CT
[ property of the Sweet family ]

Miscellaneous information---
1. Tables and chairs are provided on-site. No need to bring a lawn chair. Indoor space is available in case of rain.
2. Cool swimming spot in the Scantic River right there!!
3. Bring whistles, music, music stands, other instruments to show, share, play.
4. Live music. There will be plenty of opportunity to play your whistles, if you have the urge. For all levels of ability. Whistle accompaniment provided by guitar, mandolin(s), flute(s), perhaps fiddle and more. If you wish to play accompanied, get ready; (hint) the guitar player is likely to do a better job if you let him borrow your sheet music showing the chord charts. Don't have sheet music(?), don't worry, though, he can improvise. We want to hear you do your favorite stuff on your favorite instrument.

Stay tuned on this and other applicable threads for any more developments.

It's getting close, Lloyd
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

i sure wish I could be there... great folks and a history of great times... have fun!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

anniemcu wrote:i sure wish I could be there... great folks and a history of great times... have fun!!
I was hoping to be there as well...but it falls on the weekend of our annual Family Reunion. SIGH! Maybe next year! :sniffle:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

The Weekenders wrote:What gets me is that I'll be back there but a week later in Cape Cod, as well as mid-state NY (New Paltz). I almost could have annoyed you all Coast-to-Coast!!
You can still come and annoy me, if you like. No Pulse, oh excuse me, New Paltz :P is about 1.5 hr south of where I live.
Got wood?
RamblDoc

Last Call for NEWG 2007

Post by RamblDoc »

LAST CALL TO N.E.W.G. 2007-----

If you've thought about coming to the 2007 version of the WhistlFest but have not taken steps to come, it's not too late. You could simply drop by unannounced, if you're in the area, have your whistles with you, and would like to participate. You don't really have to be a registered member of the Chiff & Fipple board. I wasn't, at the the first gathering. I took a lot of good-natured flak for that, declared a lowly-type "lurker", etc. All you need to qualifiy is to have a serious interest in tin whistles. You'll get to meet some nice folks, inspect more types of whistles than you've ever seen (probably), and get a chance to play with other whistlers with accompaniment.
To "slowair": Has anyone checked to see if Butch of North Adams knows about this ?
Will an umbrella work for a motorcycle trip ? I sure hope you can make it. I wanted to try out your Hudson Winds whistle.

TO THE POSTSTRUCTURAL PUB READERSHIP----
To those readers who may have become acquainted with the WhistleFest while this thread was situated over there, please know that postructural pub types are most welcome to attend the shindig. Heck, we're all whistle players, pre- or post- structural. All the structural-type nuisance work has been done for you, anyway. Just show up, at oh, . . . an unstructured hour, with whatever whistles you happen to have, . . . and play what tunes you feel like playing. Should be fun.

NEXT YEAR----
How can anyone be thinking of next year when we're still working on this one ?
I think we should choose the Chiff & Fipple Whistle Forum Topic title: "North East Whistle Gathering 2008"
While it's fresh in our minds. But, please, let's wait until, say May 1st, 2008 before we start it !

Best regards to all, Lloyd
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

What he said......

Thanks RamblDoc for the apt final promo of the event. I'll be coming from Brooklyn and have room for one or two stalwarts if arrangements can be made for hooking up where I live (Brooklyn Bridge) or for meeting up en-route to I-95.

Tom D.
Tom Dowling

Post by Tom Dowling »

Let's see..the sandwiches are made, the instruments, sheet music and portable recording equipment are packed, the beverages are on ice, the cooler is ready...Eight hours--and counting--to departure time for me. See you folks there around noon if the Good Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise.

Tom D.
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Have fun, you lot! We'll be expecting photos and sound files... and to have a nice pint'o' good stuff (choose your own description) hoisted in honor of those who are anchored states away.

Cheers!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com